Meggitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meggitt Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Meggitt.

Interview

Applied online, contacted fairly quickly. Interview process was tedious (2 Recruiter screens, a hiring manager call and hiring manager in person interview) and it took my following up with the recruiter to get a generic rejection with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Standard Competency based questions. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meggitt (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the head hunter, followed by a couple of phone interviews with the Vice President - Strategy, Technology & Business Development, and with the Chief Technology Officer.

Human Resources Position Interview

Interview

A joke. I had too many interviews, and they never had the courtesy to tell me I didn't get the position. The same thing happened with my friend for a different position.

Quality Interview

Interview

People were not there on time, disorganized, too many people interrupting during the interview. The human resources aspect was very unresponsive. Seemed unorganized and not very "people" oriented. I have Interviewed at many organizations which have done a lot better..

Interview Questions

• How were recent issues you worked on become successful   Answer Question

It's too chaotic and problems do not seem to get solved. Too much firefighting. I do not want to fight fires I want to solve problems and work complex issues so there are no problems.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meggitt (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with HR recruiter and the interview went very well. Was told that I had advanced to the next stage. The hiring manager was a no-show to the interview with no advanced notice. Later I was told that I did not have the required skill set for the position. Very shady and unprofessional process as I was over qualified for the position and received glowing reviews after the first set of interviews. I am glad I was given a trailer prior to accepting any offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you land in your current role? Question was around career progression.   Answer Question

The hiring manager was a no show to the second level interview.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meggitt.

Interview

For this program, they conduct interviews in both the US and UK. I was part of the US interviews since I am a US citizen. There were two interviews total. The first was a phone interview. The second was an onsite interview where I was flown out to CA. Phone interview was more focused on the resume. The onsite interview was a panel with 3 interviewers. Most of the questions were behavioral. The phone interview was conducted in late November a few days before Thanksgiving. The onsite interview was the first week of January. The UK interviews were conducted a couple weeks after the US interviews (late January to early February) thus, I did not hear back about my offer until the first week of March. However, the HR lady consistently emailed every couple weeks to let me know if I was still under consideration which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Meggitt and how do your experiences relate to the position?   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meggitt (Akron, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Asked questions about past projects and where I thought I could be useful; showed me around labs and explained the job responsibilities. Showed me examples of some of the models they use when designing the controls systems and asked if I would be comfortable working with these types of models.

Interview Questions

• How well I understand control systems?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meggitt in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a Manufacturing Engineer position in Oregon.
    Two managers interviewed me. The interview questions covered teamwork experience, engineering knowledge, and manufacturing. They wanted prior ERP system knowledge. Key elements of the position are new product development and fire-fighting. After I asked some questions about the position and the company, I received a tour of the facility.

Trade Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meggitt (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially called by the HR Recruiter to set up a phone interview with the Operations Manager. Then after speaking with her I met in person with the Director. I then had a phone interview with the VP/GM and was invited down for a site visit. Everyone was warm and the questions were very good. Know yourself and the job. They all were very informative about what the position would entail. Every stage of the interview, I felt I knew where I stood in the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• I prepared myself as much as I could when it came to answering questions about my background and my experience. Know your resume, strengths, and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were great!

FAA Repair Station Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meggitt (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Originally understood it was going to be an interview with one person, then another afterwords. instead it started being a 5 person panel interview, and it was my first time ever having a panel interview with more than 3 people at once. it was scary. A tour of the facility was conducted afterwpords, by the original person appointed for the interview. I acted like i had the job in my thinking. I felt comfortable of the work environment. I was confident I may have landed an offer.

Interview Questions

• This a 9-80 job, with loads of available and required overtime. Can you work overtime during the normal week and weekends?   1 Answer