Meijer Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.0

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Traverse City, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Part time seasonal job. They were doing a hiring event and calling people in to fill positions. The interviewer was very upbeat, friendly and professional. It was quick and to the point. They were interested in knowing your availability and how you respond to different customer interactions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of other workers who do not like to stay busy most of the day.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Jackson, MI).

Interview

They call and ask you a few questions then schedule a day and time for you to come in and do an interview, used to be a three step process but recently was turned into a two step process. You'll have one with the leader of that line, be it service, foods, or hardlines.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to assist an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Meijer 3 weeks ago, got a call a week after applying. Came in and interviewed with one manager and went to the store director right after.. Got the job. Did my background check the same day.. Waited another week, someone called me and told me to come in on Monday to finish paperwork then Tuesday for orientation.. A standard interview process, questions weren't hard actually just common sense

Interview Questions

• Would you do something even though your manager told you not to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for an interview with Krogers, I haven't gotten a response from them yet.I currently unemployed, and looking for work ASAP. In a fast learner, I love interacting with customers. I also have been a money handler for about 10yrs through out my life.

Interview Questions

• How well did I get along with others   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

There was a Phone interview, and face to face. Very basic, casual interview asking what you would bring to the company, part time or full time, and how many hours you could work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

At the time, I was a cashier at a local retail grocery store, so the interview process was fairly easy and quick. Meijer usually requires three interviews before they choose to hire someone for an open cashier position. However for experienced retail cashiers, they may offer to hire you during the first or second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked how fast a cashier I was at the other store, if I liked working in a retail environment, and if I ever had to deal with customers who may be unhappy for whatever reason.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They ask questions about previous experience, but its a starter job meant for teenagers so experience isn't very important. The interview was very quick, maybe thirty minutes at the most.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the interviewer, and sat down for about half an hour with him. He asked questions along the lines of "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "How could you benefit our company?" Took about 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your eventual career goal in life, and will this help you achieve that goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied online and got an phone interview. Went in for interview the next day and was offered the job the same day. Met the Store Director also during the interview process

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Short Easy and Quick. The manager asked 3 questions, then I was given the job. Then had to come back for training for a week and get paperwork sorted. Everything went smoothly