Meijer Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meijer Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Meijer

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Fraser, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and also on the meijer website. Got a call back in about a week after applying. I interviewed with two different managers on two days, Thursday and Friday.
Called and hired on Tuesday the following week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Findlay, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the service shift leader, an in-person interview with the service manager, and then an in-person interview with the store director. It seemed like a lot for a cashier position.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Got a call on New Year Day!! To my surprised I did the application online,be for Christmas. My interview was on Wednesday,scheduled at four thirty. She was in a meeting when I got there. Didn't get to see her in till five o'clock. We instantly clicked!! The overall interview was a hour and a half. She said she liked me a lot. Offers me the job!!

Interview Questions

• how is cleanliness in the work place tide together in the real world?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Michigan City, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

Interviewed first with a young man and believe his title was "fresh line". Asked me many questions and referred me to his manager who was sitting right behind him. She had a poker face and also asked a lot of questions and said I would know something by the end of the week. After seeing the other folks interviewing, what they wore--how they spoke, I'd be very disappointed if I weren't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What would I think about a co-worker who doesn't like to stay busy? Do you consider yourself a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Warren, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

Very fast and straight to the point they want to hear about your past experiences and how you made a impact and how serious you take your job so go into detail about your personal experiences and tell them about all your cashier experience

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Florence, KY) in January 2018.

Interview

very lengthy and in depth, a lot of questions. There were two packets 2 separate people had to go through and ask you. They had to write down the answers so that time where they were writing was kind of awkward.

Interview Questions

• Think back to a situation where you did something that a co worker or someone else did not like. How did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Rochester Hills, MI) in July 2018.

Interview

Everyone was nice. One interview, and I knew immediately that I got the job. The manager was kind and attentive. I immediately felt welcomed there, even before I knew I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Wauwatosa, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Very customer focused questions
    The interviewer usually is done with a team lead and maybe even the store director
    Very easy and pretty straightforward, just answer truthfully and stay calm and succinct in your answers

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. All the questions I was asked were behavioral based, so make sure to have experiences in mind that you can talk about! Thankfully, I only had one interview with the manager of the department. He was very laid back and friendly. Was hired on the spot!

The process was also very quick. I applied on a Sunday, got a call setting up an interview Friday of that week, then interviewed the following Sunday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to correct a supervisor or director on something they were doing wrong.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were called to do something outside of your job role .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

I came in sat and talked to Mary at the store at Market Place, next to Walmart off Adams Rd. We talked in the back it was summer and it was very cold back there, and she gave me a jacket. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes!