Meijer Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

2.0

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (West Chester, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with the Pharmacist for interview. He was very upbeat and energetic. We went over my previous work history, and how that could apply to this position. We then discussed the pharmacy technician I responsibilities and duties. He then briefly gave overview of benefits, possible pay, and advancement opportunities. He then asked my availability and when i could come back for second interview with Meijer Management. He asked that i get FBI and BCI checks (out of pocket expense) done immediately to quicken hiring process. Went next morning for extra background checks, then that evening went for second interview. Was asked to go do a Drug test as soon as possible, done that evening. Told it would be about two weeks until i heard back as background checks can take a while to return. Received a call back in a week to come in for hire process.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted previous employers what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Hamilton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a two part interview process with a manager (they use different titles than most) over a large area of the store, and the second is with one if the two top managers. The two who ran the store on the grocery side (Carl-Grocery, Ryan-Store) were absolutely two of the best people I've ever had the opportunity to work with and for. I was interviewed by a gentleman named Tim (dry or non-grocery mgr) and the second was Carl. Both are very easy to talk to, not intimidating whatsoever, but at the same time, k ow what to listen for in an employee who really values their worth. I was impressed with the place before I even got the job offer. Truly amazing people to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a goal at work and failed to meet it. Then explain a little bit.   1 Answer

Deli Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I had to two step process interview. If you're 18 and they'll ask for your ID and social security card to do a background check if you've received the job. They'll tell you what to expect afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to change what you were doing at any given moment even if it slowed you down?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within a week went in for an interview. The interview was with easy questions and they seemed to really want to hire someone so after that I had two other interviews and was hired within a month.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple customers come up to you to ask for help how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and was called Monday evening, where I answered 4 interview questions before being offered an in-person interview for Wednesday. I went in and had an interview with another manager who asked me around 4-5 questions, and then the man who did my phone interview came back in and interviewed me where he asked me another 4 questions. After they were done, they asked for my ID and SS card, so they could do my background check. I was called the following week to schedule my orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a co-worker. Describe what the issue was, what you did, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fortunately, I had around 8 years of retail experience and they were able to offer me much more than minimum wage to start out at.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a call the day after I applied online where I did a phone interview. The next day I had my second and third interviews and got the job within the same hour.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (West Chester, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

A few days after I filled out the application, they called me to conduct a short phone interview. Another interview was scheduled later that week in store. I was asked a lot of scenario questions that really had no relevance to the position, but the atmosphere was very laid-back and casual. I then had to go to another interview at the end of the week with the area manager and store manager. By their general attitude, I was convinced that I had the job. However, when weeks passed without contact from them about my background check, I decided to go with an offer I received from another grocery store. Overall, the interview process was easy, but I would have appreciated at least a call from them telling me that I did not get the job, because I thought that I had.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Three step process meeting management of various shifts and Front end departments. Very thorough. Very organized. They were all very nice and had enjoyed their positions which was important to me. I'd be more apt to work in a place where most stayed long term.

Interview Questions

• Was I flexible with my availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Hamilton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

There's 3 interviews, two with managers and 1 with the store director. If you get past the first two interviews then you got the job. The interview questions are really generic. As long as you are somewhat professional you can get hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a problem   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Fairfield, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Completed application on-site. I was called the same day and scheduled an interview with one of the store managers for the following morning. The manager was pretty personable and asked me first why I wanted the job? (to help pay tuition for my child) He mentioned that alot of theft is perpetrated by employees at stores like Meijer and told me that all areas of the store are under surveillance by cameras.