Meijer GM Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

1.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Flossmoor, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Flossmoor, IL).

Interview

I had my interview and it went really well. They askes me a number of questions that I feel I answered really well. Next they asked me would I be interested in employment of course I said yes. I Got hired 6/6/16 but im still waiting on a call for orientation

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in retail   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

GM Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I just answered all the questions asked in detail and with a story and kept a smile on my face and stayed positive through out the interviews. I interviewed three times with two people, the third interview being my offer to work their.

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grove City, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three very quick interviews and they were all very easy. All of the interviewers were very nice. They all understood I had no job experience, or experiences with interviews, and helped me not feel stressed. They also understood that I could only work certain times during the week. They clearly state what the dress code is, what jobs I would do in my position, how my first few weeks would go, the pay, and other information I would need to know going into the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were a used car in a car lot, what three words would you use to get me to buy you?   1 Answer

GM Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

The process has changed since I got hired several years ago. Got a phone call to set up a time for an interview. Went in and the interview lasted 20 minutes at the most. Only had one interview with my current manager and started within the next couple weeks. Now all candidates go through at least 2 or 3 interviews and start within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell them a time at work when I had to make a difficult ethical choice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since my job is in retail there really isn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Reynoldsburg, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in during a job fair. There are 3 interviews, with members of increasing seniority, the third being the store manager. My interview with the first two set up 1) When I'd be available to work and what my interests were, 2) talked about benefits, raises, schedules, the point system, and asked why I wanted to work, 3) personal interview with the store manager who gets a view of your personality and work ethic through questions and personal conversations. I had a very extensive talk with mine about the STEM program I was enrolled in at my school and he tried showing me what his son was doing in college that was STEM related but his phone died and then couple of days later he came to find me and show me when he got his phone back up. I thought this was awesome!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Meijer?   Answer Question
    • What is something you have done that had an effect on those around you. Meaning you were strongly recognized for it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(

Anonymous Employee in Mason, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Mason, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

They dont care about their employees. ill never work for them again no matter how desperate i get. i found another job as soon as i could and quit. they have a point system. they are sneaky and will change your schedule just before your shift to make it seem like you are late and then you get a point for it, once you get 12 points you are automatically fired. they try to get you fired in ways that you cant collect unemployment for example, racking up your points. the longer you work there the mroe money you make because you get raises every so often. they try to weed out the employees that have worked their the longest to bring in new employees that start out at minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Camby, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Camby, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process very fast and accurate. When they are interested in you they press forward with upper management until everything goes through. Normal two-step interview - first with your manager for the selected area, and then a second with the store manager. Questions were normal - "explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the issue", "what was your reason for leaving your previous job"

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Toledo, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

very friendly, and comfortable. Managers were extremely friendly and personable. They treated you with respect and were exceptionable amicable. They provided very detailed information regarding expectations on the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in this field before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Kettering, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a 3 interview process where you came in for 2 of the interviews in a day with two team leaders, then you had a 3rd interview on a later date with the store director. I did this during a job fair weekend so my process might have been a little different. Overall it's a decent amount of interviewing for a retail store.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail before?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever do something you shouldn't have in order to help a customer?   Answer Question