Meijer Interview Questions in Grand Rapids, MI | Glassdoor

2.5

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic and easy, for someone who has had customer service experience! Very easy going and no pressure, the interviewer was very likable and tried relating to my answers. Quick process, had one initial interview, was called the next day for my second and third interview tied in one. Went back for those and was offered position on the 4th day.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR and was asked general questions about education and experience.

Was invited to come into their corporate HQ in Grand Rapids. Interviewed with the director, the manager, and a potential colleague. Was scheduled for one more colleague but that person was out of office last minute and I was informed they weren't coming. Also had lunch on them in their campus cafeteria. One interview was very standard with questions and answers both ways. Another was very 1 sided where the interviewer just made me talk about how I would approach the job which was very unconformable as I could only know so much coming out from out of the organization. I feel like this is where I lost the offer because saying the wrong thing in such an open ended question is easy.

Pros:
    Nice campus
    Director very knowledgeable and gave an enjoyable interview

Cons:
    Company offered to pick up travel expenses. Filled out their form and turned it in but was never reimbursed.
    No show on one of the interviews and last time slot canceled.
    Too many interviews. By the end of it, the next interviewer had not much more to ask or add to information about company.
    Was given multiple time frames from different interviewers as to when their decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this position   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Springs, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Meijer (Cedar Springs, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy and quick with each interview. One interview with the pharmacy manager, then one with the director of the store. The only issue I had was getting a call back after my first interview because of the lack of employees. The place has been super busy. The director asked about 3 questions Ann's jotted down a quick note of what I responded then had me get my paper to bring with me to the drug tesy. All pharmacy techs get a pre employment drug screening. The background check and the drug screening each take about 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a supervisor or manager asked you to do something that you disagreed with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Marketing/Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The first round took 15 minutes and the second you get invited to headquarters to get a tour, meet team members, and interview with two more people

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your most recent employer what would be one positive and negative thing they would say about you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to career fair in Grand Rapids MI through Grand Valley State University. I talked to someone at the booth for 5 minutes, and then was asked to scheduled an in person interview. I had a one on one in person interview the next day that lasted about 20 minutes.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I met the Meijer representatives through on-campus recruiting. Everyone I talked to was great and I had my phone interview within a week. The day after the interview, I was offered a second round interview at the corporate office. The headquarters are beautiful and everyone is really nice. The interview itself was relatively easy.

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

It was fairly fast and had a lot of fun mostly just chatting with the employer. It is pretty easy to be employed by Meijer. If you show confidence and passion you might even get hired for a better position which is what happened in my situation. One thing, I did kind of start worrying a bit because they said background check would take 3 days but had to wait 2 weeks.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the interviewer, and sat down for about half an hour with him. He asked questions along the lines of "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "How could you benefit our company?" Took about 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your eventual career goal in life, and will this help you achieve that goal?   1 Answer

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Caledonia, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely relaxed. I came far over dressed and the interview happened in the break room. So overall the experience was very chill. You'd interview with you prospective boss and the manager over him/her.

Interview Questions

• Q: How did you deal with a difficult person in your past? (work or school)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I submitted my resume into the online portal, and didn't hear anything back for two weeks. Then I was called and a phone interview was requested. During the phone interview the first question the recruiter asked was how much the position should pay. Given the description of the job was vague online, I provided a rough guess off-the-cuff, and then we discussed the role more in depth. After that interview, an in-person interview was scheduled for 1 week later with 4 of the main people from the department I was applying for. During the in-person interview, 2 of the 4 people I was supposed to meet with didn't show up at all, and the second one was late. We discussed my skills and the role, and I was told they were going to call me back within the week to follow up for a second interview to discuss salary, benefits, and all of the in-depth stuff you don't usually cover in your first interview. I didn't hear anything back for a month.

After that month passed, the phone rang on a Friday at 4pm, and the recruiter was on the other end again. She told me I had the job, was starting 2 weeks from that Friday, and my salary was the figure I tossed out at the beginning. When I inquired about a salary negotiation, she stated "the position was already locked in the system at the current number, and we could try to open it back up, but it would be a hassle." Not wanting to make waves even before day 1, I just accepted, and had to resign my current position immediately before the end of the day to ensure 2-weeks notice was given.

Coincidentally, on day 1 after orientation I was told my manager would come get me from orientation and show me to my desk while doing a meet & greet of the team, and I was instead left to sit in the lobby for over 2 hours.

Overall the process seemed incredibly slow, and disorganized. At no point did I feel as though they valued my time or experience through the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed, and how you reacted to that experience.   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe a time when a project was more detailed or harder to work through than you originally thought, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question