Meijer Cashier/Service Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Toledo, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I completed a job application on-line at Meijer.com on a Friday. The application process was pretty standard, and allowed me to apply for several positions at once. In total, the application took 30 minutes to complete.

The following Sunday, I received a phone call from a supervisor requesting that I call him back. I did and was asked if it was okay if he did a phone interview (mind you, an interview was not mentioned on the voicemail he left. Be prepared!). I was asked about my current employment, asked to confirm the job I applied for, and several questions. I was asked 1) Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer and 2) Name a time I encountered a problem. What did I do to solve the problem? He discussed that Meijer was union and the next steps. After, I was asked to schedule an interview. I scheduled one for the next Thursday.

On Thursday, I met with who-would be my direct supervisor. The first portion of the interview consisted of her going over the core values of Meijer, the union policies, and expectations of Meijer team members. I was then asked 1) Name a time I was recongized for customer service. What did I do to receive the compliment?, 2) Name a time you encountered an employee who was doing something unethical, what did I do? 3) Name a situation when I needed to solve a problem, but didn't have all of the information to get it done... What did I do? After the questions I was asked if I could stay to have my third interview. (Usually, the third interview is done on a seperate day, but since it was a slow day, I could have it done now)

I then met with the shift-store director who again, went over the core-values, expectations, and union policies. He also went over the pay and position information. After he asked a few more questions including 1) Name a time you needed a lot of energy, 2) Name a time when you worked with someone you didn't like, 3) Name a time you noticed a problem. After, I was asked to complete a background check questionairee and was told an "offical job offer" would be given after my background check came back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered an employee doing something unethical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Due to the union, everyone for a position starts at same wage. Raises based on number of hours worked.