Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews.
    The first two went great! It wasn't until the last interview that made me think that I might hate my job.
    I met with the store director and I waited 15 minutes for him which actually was an inconvenience to me because I had a funeral to get to that day and meijer always says "we work around YOUR schedule"
    Once I was with the store director he spoke very fast and he mumbled and he was not nice at all. He treated me with such disrespect making me feel like the only reason I want to work for meijer is just to get paid which is not true. There is room to grow and that's why I applied. He mocked my work history and said "so are we just another throw away job?" I was being treated so poorly that I finally stood up for myself towards the end of the 45 minute and I think that's what got me the position.
    After he offered me the position I met with his secretary and she was just as bad as him, wasn't nice, wasn't willing to help me or answer simple questions like "what happens next?".
    In Michigan you do have to take a drug test and once that is completed and comes back clear you then get an email a day or two later from the secretary with Orientation times. I took the drug test the next day and I got an email two days later saying I'm good to go but they made me wait three weeks before my orientation which I thought was dumb because I heard others who are as new as me didn't have to wait that long.
    I've been with meijer for two months now and I like it except for the big dogs in the back. If they could be less intimidating and more willing to help then it would be cool. But they are just some more rich folks looking down on the lower class.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for meijer?   Answer Question
    • Do you know who I am?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you and not one of the 5 other girls that came in for an interview with me today?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • Oh so, meijer is just temporary?   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

There were three interviewers and the interview lasted around 25 minutes. They each went through a few situational questions from a list, then said they would contact me in a few weeks.

Third Shift Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpena, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Alpena, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Scenarios, basic questions, tell them about you and why your friends would say a certain thing about you. The person was very friendly and got me set up with a secons intwrview right away with the store manager, he was a cery respectable man.

Interview Questions

• Why would your friends say about your work ethic? (Jist of actual question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Richmond, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy to apply online, invited to interview immediately. This was a job fair type situation and it went smoothly. The staff conducting the interviews were very efficient and polite.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview, asked to expound on previous admin experience. Seemed to go well, but never heard anything back. Also asked about salary requirements, and the amount they were offering was lower, which may have taken me out of consideration. The person I spoke with was pleasant.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

There is a two part interview process. First, your team lead (a manager of the department you applied for) will interview you. It's very casual and they ask personal questions and about past experience. Then, if they are satisfied with your answers, they'll move you on to the line leader, who is the head of the department. They essentially ask the same things. Nerves shouldn't get you. It's not a life or death interview unless you make it one.

Interview Questions

• How did you go out of your way to help out a customer in a previous work environment?   1 Answer

Third Shift Stocking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Bay City, MI).

Interview

I first received a phone interview. Now they will just call you at some point. I've had some interviews scheduled an appointment, but they will simply call you and it may catch you off guard. After phone interview I got called in for a in person interview.

Various Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Mass hire for a new store opening. Brought three copies of my resume, one for each interviewer and one for myself.
    Checked in, was quickly called on and was interviewed by a Service Line leader from another store. She suggested the Service Coordinator position and said I would be an excellent fit.
    Was moved to a second room and waited for a free store director for the second interview. She agreed on the position placement and that I was a good candidate. Offered a full time position at 9.75 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with others to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you handled a customer that has had a negative experience.   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Hilliard, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Very quick process, very simple questions but you have to go through two interviews. They are very friendly and very casual about the entire experience. If you do well on the 1st interview the store director will gladly welcome you aboard the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

At the end of third shift, our stores store director came to the gas station to give me a brief interview about the team leader training program I was considered for.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute?   1 Answer