Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR and was asked general questions about education and experience.

Was invited to come into their corporate HQ in Grand Rapids. Interviewed with the director, the manager, and a potential colleague. Was scheduled for one more colleague but that person was out of office last minute and I was informed they weren't coming. Also had lunch on them in their campus cafeteria. One interview was very standard with questions and answers both ways. Another was very 1 sided where the interviewer just made me talk about how I would approach the job which was very unconformable as I could only know so much coming out from out of the organization. I feel like this is where I lost the offer because saying the wrong thing in such an open ended question is easy.

Pros:
    Nice campus
    Director very knowledgeable and gave an enjoyable interview

Cons:
    Company offered to pick up travel expenses. Filled out their form and turned it in but was never reimbursed.
    No show on one of the interviews and last time slot canceled.
    Too many interviews. By the end of it, the next interviewer had not much more to ask or add to information about company.
    Was given multiple time frames from different interviewers as to when their decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this position   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Was a three tier process with several different interviewers based on the traits they were searching for in a new hire. Each focused on one main point of the business and seemly tried to tie it all together with the last interview.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Midland, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Short, easy, typical retail interview, at least 2 sometimes 3 interviews required. Start at regular hourly team lead then passed up the chain of command with an executive level manager making the final decision

Interview Questions

• Are you able/willing to use heavy machinery I.E. hi-lo (forklift) or stacker   1 Answer

GM Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (South Bend, IN).

Interview

The interview was easy and relaxed. The manager was nice and respectful.Was offered the job on the spot.Quick background check and computer classes and was on the floor quickly. Great atmosphere.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Traverse City, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Part time seasonal job. They were doing a hiring event and calling people in to fill positions. The interviewer was very upbeat, friendly and professional. It was quick and to the point. They were interested in knowing your availability and how you respond to different customer interactions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of other workers who do not like to stay busy most of the day.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Springs, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Meijer (Cedar Springs, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy and quick with each interview. One interview with the pharmacy manager, then one with the director of the store. The only issue I had was getting a call back after my first interview because of the lack of employees. The place has been super busy. The director asked about 3 questions Ann's jotted down a quick note of what I responded then had me get my paper to bring with me to the drug tesy. All pharmacy techs get a pre employment drug screening. The background check and the drug screening each take about 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a supervisor or manager asked you to do something that you disagreed with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Area Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer in January 2017.

Interview

I am already a team member with Meijer so this was basically looking to get a promotion as some of our leaders are leaving for other stores. I applied through our HR portal and was interviewed. If you have experience, great! If not, don't even bother trying. You have to be specific otherwise it doesn't matter if you work hard or how talented you are, more than likely you won't get an offer. I'm rating it as a difficult interview because you really need to have been in retail or the like for a while and dealt with people along with coaching/mentoring someone or a team of people.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a manager you didn't like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you gave someone a work assignment that didn't work out the way you planned it to and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Evansville, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

bad interview asked the same questions each time went through three of them when i was told i would only get to and lied to how much i would get paid also went through three different managers to interview me and i also wait 2 months for my last interview !!

Deli Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Greenfield, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was a quick one it was the new store in Greenfield Milwaukee I was ask about experience and five questions after that they asset my resume and told me position that where open they even allowed me to pick it

Interview Questions

• What kind of customer service skills do you have?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Jackson, MI).

Interview

They call and ask you a few questions then schedule a day and time for you to come in and do an interview, used to be a three step process but recently was turned into a two step process. You'll have one with the leader of that line, be it service, foods, or hardlines.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to assist an angry customer.   Answer Question