Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Fine it was a three step process ending with the store director. The interviewing had the same questions but a little tricky. After working here for awhile you realize that no interview process can eliminate bad workers

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (West Chester, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with the Pharmacist for interview. He was very upbeat and energetic. We went over my previous work history, and how that could apply to this position. We then discussed the pharmacy technician I responsibilities and duties. He then briefly gave overview of benefits, possible pay, and advancement opportunities. He then asked my availability and when i could come back for second interview with Meijer Management. He asked that i get FBI and BCI checks (out of pocket expense) done immediately to quicken hiring process. Went next morning for extra background checks, then that evening went for second interview. Was asked to go do a Drug test as soon as possible, done that evening. Told it would be about two weeks until i heard back as background checks can take a while to return. Received a call back in a week to come in for hire process.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted previous employers what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Meijer 3 weeks ago, got a call a week after applying. Came in and interviewed with one manager and went to the store director right after.. Got the job. Did my background check the same day.. Waited another week, someone called me and told me to come in on Monday to finish paperwork then Tuesday for orientation.. A standard interview process, questions weren't hard actually just common sense

Interview Questions

• Would you do something even though your manager told you not to do?   1 Answer

Customer Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my University's career fair. They scheduled an interview on the spot for 8:30 the next morning (which was a Friday). I had not yet applied for a position at the time we scheduled the interview.

The interview was really conversational than the few other interviews I've had. The interviewer was friendly and I didn't feel like he was trying to be difficult.

At the end of the interview he suggested I apply online. I applied for Customer Marketing Specialist the following Monday and then the Friday after that I received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were a leader of a group and why do you think you could lead?   Answer Question
    • Do you have ideas about integrating digital marketing with Meijer stores?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for an interview with Krogers, I haven't gotten a response from them yet.I currently unemployed, and looking for work ASAP. In a fast learner, I love interacting with customers. I also have been a money handler for about 10yrs through out my life.

Interview Questions

• How well did I get along with others   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer in September 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and had an interview the next day. The guy I interviewed with wasn't very personable. They asked basic behavioral and situational questions. I didn't get an offer, but after the interview, I didn't want the job much anyways. He didn't explain the position very well. I've heard Meijer is a great company to work for though.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company do you want to work for in the future?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

You apply for this job online, then they call you for an on site interview with two different team leaders. If you apply for multiple openings, it is luck of the draw which one will end up on whose desk.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer asking something that couldn't be done?   1 Answer

Seasonal Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Saint Charles, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call to get interviewed next day. Waited an hour after interview time to be spoken with. They couldn't find my application, so I interviewed off the resume I brought with me. Produce Manager interviewed me even though I had applied for sales, and then told me i would be better to work in the Deli with my customer service background.

Meijer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Brighton, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

They called my to request an interview after submitting an application. I got interviewed twice. They apparently forgot I was coming to interview both days. The interview was pretty laid-back and casual. I had a nice conversation with them.

Interview Questions

• What work experience do you have in customer service?   Answer Question
    • What type of hours are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • Tell me some more about yourself and your work history.   Answer Question
    • What is important for you to have to in your job experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Hamilton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a two part interview process with a manager (they use different titles than most) over a large area of the store, and the second is with one if the two top managers. The two who ran the store on the grocery side (Carl-Grocery, Ryan-Store) were absolutely two of the best people I've ever had the opportunity to work with and for. I was interviewed by a gentleman named Tim (dry or non-grocery mgr) and the second was Carl. Both are very easy to talk to, not intimidating whatsoever, but at the same time, k ow what to listen for in an employee who really values their worth. I was impressed with the place before I even got the job offer. Truly amazing people to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a goal at work and failed to meet it. Then explain a little bit.   1 Answer