Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer in August 2016.

Interview

The process was simple. I got called about a week after applying and had an interview scheduled for the next day. The interview was typical for a retail position, asking general personality and situational positions. If you pass the first interview you move on and talk to one of the store managers. The third interview is basically a formality where they ask for permission to run a background check. Once you pass the background check they'll call you back where you'll sign the paperwork and officially be hired.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Plainfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was first called late at night and asked if I wanted to do a phone interview right away. Told him I could not as I was currently at work. We set up a phone interview later in the week.

The phone interview was the most interesting interview experience of my life. He first called an hour late. Asked me one question, told me his phone was dying and was going to swap phones and call me right back. That apparently took 45 mins. Before he asked me another question he instantly asked if I would come in for an in person interview. I agreed and had another interview 2 days later.

The in person interview was just as bad. I sat there for 45 mins before someone finally came to get me for the interview. Waited another 10 mins for the store director to finish whatever he was doing. Was asked 2 questions. Was told he was going to talk to HR about compensation and benefits.

A month later I finally hear back (after 3 different follow up emails.) telling me the position was filled internally.

The biggest waste of my time ever. Completely unprofessional and ultimately disgusted with how this all went down.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest trends?   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle conflict both internally and with customers.   Answer Question

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Lancaster, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

So you go online and fill out an application and in the application you select the positions you would like. Then they give you a call about a week or so later if they like your application. You go in at the time and meet a Manger for the interview. Standard interview stuff. Then at orientation I found out that they hired me into a position I was not applying for.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The interview process was Quick and easy! She didnt ask me any hard to answer questions. Just basic questions like tell her a little about myself and why she should hire me appose to someone else? She also asked how did I hear about the position and if I was hired,when can I start? The lady that interviewed me name was Markeea and she was really nice and down to earth. I ended up taking the position and loved it!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

It was fairly easy no hard questions for job on spot. There was only three people there and they were manager, assistant manager, and sales associate. We sat around a big table and they asked me questions and then decided I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within a week went in for an interview. The interview was with easy questions and they seemed to really want to hire someone so after that I had two other interviews and was hired within a month.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple customers come up to you to ask for help how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Grocery, Meats Or Produce Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Fraser, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Was called in for an interview. They person originally scheduled to do my interview was not there so I had to what for another person to interview me. The interviewer had a printed list of about 5 pages of questions. I was there for almost an hour. I was called a week later to do a second interview, was not as long. I then submitted info for a background check.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions pertaining to customer service, team work, and past work experiences.   Answer Question

Line Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Gaylord, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed with store director at a different store. Store Director wasn't aware of scheduled interview, so was not prepared. He admitted there were 2 internal candidates already going through the training for the vacant position. Interview was never about serious consideration, complete waste of time. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were situational, tell a time when ...; however, store director admitted he was unfamiliar with questions and they were actually for store director interviews. The 5 questions were in no way varied or in-depth enough to judge retail mgmt knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Central Fill Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Belleville, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

You go in and interview with your immediate supervisor, then answer a few very basic questions, and meet with the facility manager or pharmacy manager, then they offer you the position. Every interview gets the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

It was fairly fast and had a lot of fun mostly just chatting with the employer. It is pretty easy to be employed by Meijer. If you show confidence and passion you might even get hired for a better position which is what happened in my situation. One thing, I did kind of start worrying a bit because they said background check would take 3 days but had to wait 2 weeks.