Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

It was fairly easy no hard questions for job on spot. There was only three people there and they were manager, assistant manager, and sales associate. We sat around a big table and they asked me questions and then decided I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within a week went in for an interview. The interview was with easy questions and they seemed to really want to hire someone so after that I had two other interviews and was hired within a month.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple customers come up to you to ask for help how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Grocery, Meats Or Produce Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Fraser, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Was called in for an interview. They person originally scheduled to do my interview was not there so I had to what for another person to interview me. The interviewer had a printed list of about 5 pages of questions. I was there for almost an hour. I was called a week later to do a second interview, was not as long. I then submitted info for a background check.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions pertaining to customer service, team work, and past work experiences.   Answer Question

Line Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Gaylord, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed with store director at a different store. Store Director wasn't aware of scheduled interview, so was not prepared. He admitted there were 2 internal candidates already going through the training for the vacant position. Interview was never about serious consideration, complete waste of time. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were situational, tell a time when ...; however, store director admitted he was unfamiliar with questions and they were actually for store director interviews. The 5 questions were in no way varied or in-depth enough to judge retail mgmt knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Central Fill Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Belleville, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

You go in and interview with your immediate supervisor, then answer a few very basic questions, and meet with the facility manager or pharmacy manager, then they offer you the position. Every interview gets the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

It was fairly fast and had a lot of fun mostly just chatting with the employer. It is pretty easy to be employed by Meijer. If you show confidence and passion you might even get hired for a better position which is what happened in my situation. One thing, I did kind of start worrying a bit because they said background check would take 3 days but had to wait 2 weeks.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flossmoor, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Flossmoor, IL).

Interview

I had my interview and it went really well. They askes me a number of questions that I feel I answered really well. Next they asked me would I be interested in employment of course I said yes. I Got hired 6/6/16 but im still waiting on a call for orientation

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in retail   1 Answer

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very simple. Easy process. I started b4 they opened it was fantastic to to go in was cool. Learned alot while i was there. Though the lead were lazy. I had one who was everything. She made sure her job was done b4 she left.

Negotiation

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI).

Interview

phone interview 1st, basic what can you add to the team type questions. then an in store interview with the store director. They have an assessment test, pretty much to see if you are an honest person, if they like you after that, you are drug screened

Interview Questions

• If you had a team of 5 and 2 were not pulling their how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They ask questions about previous experience, but its a starter job meant for teenagers so experience isn't very important. The interview was very quick, maybe thirty minutes at the most.