Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.2

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I met the Meijer representatives through on-campus recruiting. Everyone I talked to was great and I had my phone interview within a week. The day after the interview, I was offered a second round interview at the corporate office. The headquarters are beautiful and everyone is really nice. The interview itself was relatively easy.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevensville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Stevensville, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consists of a few questions that you must answer to the best of your ability, if they like you on that interview they ask you to do a second interview that is with another person and consists of similar questions and reviewing of the other questions.

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Interview

3 parts and depends on what store you apply for. Meet with different parts of the management team from outside of the departments. Pretty laid back. Probably the easiestt healthcare organization interview. But it will all depend on what store you apply for

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

start with phone interview, then an interview with the team leader of the department. Standard questions (tell me about a time....). After that put in background check and interview with the store director. Store director interviews vary. Mine was just meeting with him and him saying "the job is yours if you want it and the background comes back clear" while others have had full interviews with him.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Fine it was a three step process ending with the store director. The interviewing had the same questions but a little tricky. After working here for awhile you realize that no interview process can eliminate bad workers

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (West Chester, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with the Pharmacist for interview. He was very upbeat and energetic. We went over my previous work history, and how that could apply to this position. We then discussed the pharmacy technician I responsibilities and duties. He then briefly gave overview of benefits, possible pay, and advancement opportunities. He then asked my availability and when i could come back for second interview with Meijer Management. He asked that i get FBI and BCI checks (out of pocket expense) done immediately to quicken hiring process. Went next morning for extra background checks, then that evening went for second interview. Was asked to go do a Drug test as soon as possible, done that evening. Told it would be about two weeks until i heard back as background checks can take a while to return. Received a call back in a week to come in for hire process.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted previous employers what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Meijer 3 weeks ago, got a call a week after applying. Came in and interviewed with one manager and went to the store director right after.. Got the job. Did my background check the same day.. Waited another week, someone called me and told me to come in on Monday to finish paperwork then Tuesday for orientation.. A standard interview process, questions weren't hard actually just common sense

Interview Questions

• Would you do something even though your manager told you not to do?   1 Answer

Customer Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my University's career fair. They scheduled an interview on the spot for 8:30 the next morning (which was a Friday). I had not yet applied for a position at the time we scheduled the interview.

The interview was really conversational than the few other interviews I've had. The interviewer was friendly and I didn't feel like he was trying to be difficult.

At the end of the interview he suggested I apply online. I applied for Customer Marketing Specialist the following Monday and then the Friday after that I received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were a leader of a group and why do you think you could lead?   Answer Question
    • Do you have ideas about integrating digital marketing with Meijer stores?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for an interview with Krogers, I haven't gotten a response from them yet.I currently unemployed, and looking for work ASAP. In a fast learner, I love interacting with customers. I also have been a money handler for about 10yrs through out my life.

Interview Questions

• How well did I get along with others   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer in September 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and had an interview the next day. The guy I interviewed with wasn't very personable. They asked basic behavioral and situational questions. I didn't get an offer, but after the interview, I didn't want the job much anyways. He didn't explain the position very well. I've heard Meijer is a great company to work for though.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company do you want to work for in the future?   Answer Question