Meijer Interview Questions in Lansing, MI | Glassdoor

2.2

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

At the end of third shift, our stores store director came to the gas station to give me a brief interview about the team leader training program I was considered for.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

You apply for this job online, then they call you for an on site interview with two different team leaders. If you apply for multiple openings, it is luck of the draw which one will end up on whose desk.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer asking something that couldn't be done?   1 Answer

Hand Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Interview was smooth as far as getting the job, I believe they really need loyal workers. Someone who wants a job in hard physical labor and is able to stay aboard

Pricing Analyst Meijer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with a manager, then meet the store manager. Asked a series of questions about past situations. Can be related to anything. You're informed of some benefits. You get called back a week later if you passed your background test (but I called them first).

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you went above and beyond to help someone
      Q: Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't like   Answer Question

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Really there wasnt much to the inter view process it was just a few common asked questions, but their mostly about their dumb as background checks. It was the quickest interview I've had

Interview Questions

• Should you do something dangerous on the job if you were asked to?   1 Answer

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was good. I walked in the doors and was immediately greeted by a supervisor and taken back to a room for the interview. I was asked multiple questions about myself and what I wanted to do. Overrall comfortable, easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in Meijer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Three part interview process. Phone interview, then interview with manager, then interview with store director. They then do a background check and call back in a few days with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Charlotte, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Line Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Three interviews, two with store directors and one with a market director (district manager). Entirely based on situation-based questions (describe a time when...). The effectiveness of the interview is in the hands of the interviewer; I had one last 2 hours, another last 30 minutes. The company mandates that all interviews be documented and completed, so unless the interview is a disaster, they'll always go through the whole thing.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Mason, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

They dont care about their employees. ill never work for them again no matter how desperate i get. i found another job as soon as i could and quit. they have a point system. they are sneaky and will change your schedule just before your shift to make it seem like you are late and then you get a point for it, once you get 12 points you are automatically fired. they try to get you fired in ways that you cant collect unemployment for example, racking up your points. the longer you work there the mroe money you make because you get raises every so often. they try to weed out the employees that have worked their the longest to bring in new employees that start out at minimum wage.