Meijer Merchandising Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meijer Merchandising Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round is very laid back. I was mainly just asked to tell about myself and answer a few basic questions. Totally behavioral. They just want to get to know you at this point. The only tricky part is recommendations for the company and speakin about Meijer, you should do some research on the company and know speaking points

Interview Questions

• What is something that you enjoy outside of school?

Why Meijer?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$

Anonymous Employee in WaLakeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (WaLakeer, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

The most difficult part of the interview was with HR as they are trained professionals and are looking for specific things. The rest of the interview process went quick. Be sure to stress team values, have a few wins, and a few mistakes. They are looking for a problem, your solution and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never accept the first offer but be aware that typically you will only see at most a 2K increase in pay through negotiations so ask for more vacation time as this does not add to payroll and affect the balance sheet.

Also, if you plan on staying, jump from position to position after every 12 months as this will result in a higher % increase in base salary. If you stay in the same position, expect only a 2.75% increase in pay. The rule is a max 10% raise when switching positions or the min of the new position. If you switch positions after 12 months, your PAR will be rolled into the new salary, so always ask for a 10%-13% raise when taking on a new position.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2007.

Interview

I was recruited by a head hunter in Oct. of 2006. I had a phone interview first. Then 2 months later I was flown in for a visit where I had two one on one interviews and a group interview with buyers and planners. The one on one was with the director of planning.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how did I handle allocation of merchandise at my current employer at the time...there were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate much because they maxed me out on their pay scale. I didn't believe that at first but after talking with some of my coworkers they were making considerably less than me and my boss also eluded to how much money I was making one time as they are paying me a lot of money.