Meijer Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.0

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic and easy, for someone who has had customer service experience! Very easy going and no pressure, the interviewer was very likable and tried relating to my answers. Quick process, had one initial interview, was called the next day for my second and third interview tied in one. Went back for those and was offered position on the 4th day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Springs, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Meijer (Cedar Springs, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy and quick with each interview. One interview with the pharmacy manager, then one with the director of the store. The only issue I had was getting a call back after my first interview because of the lack of employees. The place has been super busy. The director asked about 3 questions Ann's jotted down a quick note of what I responded then had me get my paper to bring with me to the drug tesy. All pharmacy techs get a pre employment drug screening. The background check and the drug screening each take about 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a supervisor or manager asked you to do something that you disagreed with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (West Chester, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with the Pharmacist for interview. He was very upbeat and energetic. We went over my previous work history, and how that could apply to this position. We then discussed the pharmacy technician I responsibilities and duties. He then briefly gave overview of benefits, possible pay, and advancement opportunities. He then asked my availability and when i could come back for second interview with Meijer Management. He asked that i get FBI and BCI checks (out of pocket expense) done immediately to quicken hiring process. Went next morning for extra background checks, then that evening went for second interview. Was asked to go do a Drug test as soon as possible, done that evening. Told it would be about two weeks until i heard back as background checks can take a while to return. Received a call back in a week to come in for hire process.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted previous employers what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed. Was told the complete beginning to end training process. Was told how difficult the learning situation would be and that it was going to be the most stressful job I've ever encountered. And it is true.

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Adrian, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Maybe a week or so later I get a call to come in for an interview. According to one of the hiring managers I spoke with, they normally do a phone interview first, then have three in-person interviews starting with the department team leader, district manager, and store manager. They skipped the phone interview with me. The team leader was out of town so my first interview was with the district manager. And for my second interview (took place four days later) I met with the team leader and store manager at the same time so there was no need for a third interview. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• - Why did you leave your last job?
      - Why did you you choose Meijer?
      - Can you describe a time where you received any recognition or awards for providing excellent service in previous jobs?
      - Describe a time you had with a difficult customer and how you resolved the situation.
      - Now describe a difficult coworker and how you dealt with him/her.
      - Describe a time you disagreed with company policy or with directions management gave you.
      - What would your former employer say your three best qualities are?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They saw on my application that I wanted at least $12/hourly. They said as a level 1 technician everyone starts at 10, but once you pass the licensure test to become level 2, then I could get $12, and there's always raises with each level advancement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st interview, was asked the typical interview questions. After the regimented questions were finished, I had a long personal chat which provide the candidate a refreshing experience. Hopefully will lead to an employment offer. App was sent to higher ups for review, waiting....

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

I go an email about phone interview. After the interview, I waited for few days for the team leader to reply. She replied with few available dates for me to choose. Then the interview was in the store with the manager in charge and the pharmacy team leader.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, describe a situation where you had a conflict with a customer.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by three different people from three different departments of Meijer. The first interview was the head pharmacist, the next two were team leaders from grocery and store management. I was impressed by the professionalism and thoroughness of the questions. Once I was hired there was a little bit of rushing through paper work and being asked to sign things that you didn't have the opportunity to read. They said, "don't worry, you'll have access to a copy that you can read later". Other than rushing through the new hire process I felt the standard/quality of the team leaders in all the departments was high and that most employees who had been at the store for a long time appreciated the company enough to remain lifers.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unethical situation that you were forced into and and how you responded.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said, "Your starting pay is 9/hr." I said, "Ok."

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Westland, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

It was straight forward. I met the store director, then I met my pharmacy team leader as well. All meetings was flawless. they ask me about my experiences, and why should I be selected for the job position.

Interview Questions

• Why Meijer pharmacy? Why you want to leave the current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

There are three interviews you must go through for the process. The first interview is a phone interview with your prospective team leader. The second interview is with your team leader and a store manager. The third interview is with the store director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you feel you went above and beyond for your job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.