Meijer Utility Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meijer Utility Worker Interview Questions

2.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Hilliard, OH).

Interview

Took over a month for them to even look over my application. When I got a call from them I completely forgot that I have even applied. Pay is horrible for the job we do and the raises are cheap.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in this situation? If so explain.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Wyoming, MI).

Interview

It was a really laid back environment the person was really nice and that made me relaxed. The questions were really simple not hard at all. Then a second person came in and she was super friendly as well. We did all 3 interview part in just 1 day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to do a co workers job in a different area or department?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you had to work with someone that you didn't like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and less than one week later they called me back telling me that they wanted to schedule me for an interview. I scheduled the interview and showed up on time. I definitely over prepared for this. The interview, for me, was really super easy. I originally applied for a utility worker position, but then got hired as a greeter. They only asked me a few questions. It was nothing to fret about. The only thing is that the person who interviewed said that he would hire me at 8.45 and then the person RAA hired me at 8.10 ( minimum wage). Don’t take me wrong $8.10 was totally fine for me start out with, i have no problem with that, i just thought it was a little bit shady.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got into an argument with somebody. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (West Chester, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

A few days after I filled out the application, they called me to conduct a short phone interview. Another interview was scheduled later that week in store. I was asked a lot of scenario questions that really had no relevance to the position, but the atmosphere was very laid-back and casual. I then had to go to another interview at the end of the week with the area manager and store manager. By their general attitude, I was convinced that I had the job. However, when weeks passed without contact from them about my background check, I decided to go with an offer I received from another grocery store. Overall, the interview process was easy, but I would have appreciated at least a call from them telling me that I did not get the job, because I thought that I had.

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer in February 2015.

Interview

Three separate interviews, all with similar "explain a time when..." type questions. Overall pretty simple. It's best to stay relaxed because they don't seem to expect spontaneous responses. Just smile and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were involved in an unethical situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meijer (Mount Pleasant, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to a hiring fair I hadto go through three diffrent interviews before they took my information for a background check 2 interviews took half a hour and one of them took a hour. Two hours is a little excessive and bouncing around just shows how unprepared they are

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where I you had to help someone even though you didn't want too   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (West Lafayette, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call to set a time to come in for interview. Interview was held in the stores back office and was quick and to the point. Was asked after the first set of questions if i had time to move on to what would have been a second interview. Answered those questions and was told after my paperwork cleared id get a phone call to let me know when i could start.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experience working elsewhere and what all i have done there   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was very easy , just took them a long time to call names, but theres like 3 parts of the interview if you do all 3 in one day you know for sure that you have the job.

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later got a call asking me if I was still interested im the position. I accepted and was given my first interview 2 days later. 2 days after that I was supposed to have both my 2nd and 3rd interview, however the Store Director got sick and the 3rd interview was scheduled about a week later. After the 3rd interview they asked my to bring up my SSC and driver's license. I wish they would have told me that before the 3rd interview, because I hated driving back and forth bc its pretty far. They make copies of your SSC card and id for a background check. The background check was supposed to that 7-10 business days. It actually took like 2 weeks. Bc I'm under 18, I had to have a work permit signed by my school and parent before orientation.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when you were in an unethical situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I was asked about different scenarios involving customers and the like. The background check was easy and I was offered a job the next day.