Meketa Investment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meketa Investment Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group.

Interview

1) 30 minute conversation with HR
    - Hardest of the three
    2) 4 hour onsite #1
    - GMAT/SAT based math questions
    - Proofreading exam
    2) 4 hour onsite #2
    - 4 people, 2 consultants and 2 other people
    - excel test. Don't freak out. Although, you should probably know how to format a pie chart.

Interview Questions

• What stocks do you like?
      What do you think about Brexit?   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR, questions were very straight forward, but asked multiple times. The lady interviewing me via phone call did not understand some of my answers as i went into more depth than what she probably expected.

some of the more simple questions were asked multiple times throughout the interview but with a different spin."Why do you want to work here?" then a few minutes later "What interests you about our organization that leads you to want to work here?"

Interview Questions

• What stocks do you invest in, why? how do you valuate an asset?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group.

Interview

The entire interview process took about 3 months beginning with a phone interview, followed by 2 in office interviews that lasted several hours each. During the interview process you meet with HR followed by the managing supervisor then several employees from the department you are interviewing for. You also are given a test to take.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (Westwood, MA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was fairly straightforward and mostly just asked behavior questions. Was invited for an in-person interview where I met with the head of HR and various investment staff. No truly challenging technical questions were asked. There was a GMAT math section test, a proofreading test and an Excel skill test administered through both interview days. Most questions were just geared towards why I want to work in Investment Consulting.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a phone screening from HR about a week after submitting my resume. The call was on time and the interviewer was nice. Overall the conversation was very thorough, and kept asking for elaboration of what I felt was the same question, just worded differently. Also asked about salary expectations and what my current salary is. I felt they were kind of pushy on that one when I didn't want to say and was kind of rude. Said will make follow up a week later regarding in person interviews if we are selected but never heard anything back. I reach out but was ignored for another week before any answer. Overall, nice people, just kind annoying that they don't tell you when you don't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Meketa, why finance, what can you bring to the company, experience with excel, what do you know about us?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (Westwood, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen followed by an in person interview a few weeks later. Interviewer/hiring manager was incredibly smug and arrogant. Many of my answers to open-ended questions were met with condescending remarks. The process seemed rather disorganized as 2 different people in HR asked me a lot of the exact same questions.

I would not recommend working here

Interview Questions

• Given 5 sample portfolios which would you prefer most and least from an asset allocation perspective and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (Carlsbad, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with a 10 minute phone interview, questions: Why Meketa / why data analyst / what would your co-workers say about you / excel skills / a little about college. Brought me in for a in-person interview. Interviewed with two people, the senior data analyst and a current consultant. Pretty low key, asked about what I knew about the company, about what I knew about finance. Followed by a 15 question math quiz.

Interview Questions

• Explain mutual funds to someone ignorant on the subject.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (Westwood, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. HR phone screening, manager phone interview.
    After I was invited for the first on the site interview. Two weeks later - for another on the site interview. Second in person interview also had Excel, Maths, and Verbal skills tests, but they were easy.

Interview experience could have been better, if the interviewers sat in groups of 3 or 4, asking questions collaboratively instead of all of them coming in separately and asking very similar or even the same questions again.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions: walk through the CV, what projects did you do, team work skills.
      Why this company?
      Why this industry?
      What other companies did you apply to?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (Westwood, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very laidback and unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meketa Investment Group (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very laid-back but the people who I interviewed with are no more. Standard tell me about a time when you did this. How do you work in teams? It was an overall good experience