Melbourne IT, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Melbourne IT, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.5

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Melbourne IT, Inc. (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially a phone interview with questions from a non-technical person who is trying to write your responses. A technical person will understand the responses while a degree of information in your response can be lost in the process.

It appears that positions that are handled through the Brisbane office are dealt with swiftly while those that proceed through Melbourne are slow and communication is not forthcoming. You will either not receive a response for an application or it will take far in excess of 42 days for anyone to think about contacting you.

The people, when they contact you, appear genuine and professional but the attitude of the company in general is slack and idle and disinterested in showing any concern for, at least, putting up a good image for prospective employees.

The word among professional colleagues is that Melbourne IT is a 'body shop' and will gladly use you up and spit you out when you're done. I'm not sorry I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview covered the technical areas and will sort the pretenders from the genuine article. Some information may be lost in the process as the person asking the questions is not technical.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Melbourne IT, Inc. (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was easy for an internal candidate and the hiring managers were outstanding with their technical knowledge and people skills. Although newer hiring managers are no where near as competent.

Interview Questions

• How will you add value to the business?   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Melbourne IT, Inc. (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Agent lined up the interview. 1.5 hours in total that covered the business, going through my past experience and a Q&A session. Three senior staff from Melbourne IT were there for the duration rotating questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• What do I understand about what they do?
      What does cloud services mean to me?
      Case Study - walk through how I would approach this to inform the outcome.   Answer Question

Web Administrator, Enterprise Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Melbourne IT, Inc. (Brisbane (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

Answered a very brief ad on SEEK (advertiser was a small recruitment agency). Initial contact with recruiter was fine, was asked to attend interview the following day as they required an immediate start.

It should be noted that I had previously held a senior technical role in the company for several years, know many long-term staff and some of my work is still used there in production environments.

I arrived at their Brisbane office to find the reception area unoccupied and after 10mins was fortunate to flag down a former colleague who recognised me and let the relevant interviewer know I have arrived.

After waiting a further 15mins two staff members arrive, neither of whom had previously been identified as the interviewers for the role. This became quite apparent when one confessed he had been given literally a "one liner" by his manager (who was meant to have conducted the interview) - "Ask him what he knows".

No explanation was given for the absence of the department manager originally slated to conduct the interview.

After a further 20mins of more fruitful discussion the interview ended. I was informed the next morning that despite having the necessary technical skills the role was declined because they did not like the way I was dressed on the day.

Interview Questions

• As the interviewers were not prepared, no difficult questions were asked. Owing to this I directed most of the interview myself, asking about the role and responsibilities (which differed noticeably from the initial advertisement)   Answer Question