Mellon Capital Management Investment Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mellon Capital Management Investment Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at Mellon Capital Management

2.0

Investment Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mellon Capital Management.

Interview

I applied through the bny website and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. The interview was with the department manager and two supervisors and lasted about 40 minutes. The atmosphere of the interview was relaxed and involved a few behavioral questions as well as detailed questions the interviewers had about my experience and why I chose the respective position. Overall, the process was professional, informative, and well executed.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a time sensitive project that was near it's deadline and you thought or knew you were not going to meet the deadline; what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mellon Capital Management

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellon Capital Management (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with VP and supervisor during first interview. Short, easy process for entry level job. No complaints. Got a tour of the floor and introduced to future colleagues. Questions were basic and easy since it was an entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mellon Capital Management (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call to set up an interview with 6 managers as well as director of Fund Accounting. Interview took just over an hour and was very typical and casual. I received an offer the very next day and began within a few weeks. They really like internal transfers from BNY Mellon, but also try to look outside of the company.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. Interview was not difficult and very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as an internal transfer, but did receive a raise within a month of accepting.

Investment Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mellon Capital Management.

Interview

Very relaxed and laid back; Asked basic behavioral questions. Friendly atmosphere and asked more about your character/personality than questions about the job. Overall, it wasn't a hard interview. Just come prepared and be yourself