Mellow Mushroom Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

1.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was simple, direct, even speedy. My first and only interview was with the General Manager. I was hired on the spot and asked to go in the next day to complete new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Coralville, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Sat down with GM, went over my qualifications quickly. Was told they needed a bartender so I agreed. Bar manager came over, said I had the job. They did not do a background check or even verify my I9, I had to remind them to do that part.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything crazy going on in your life?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in May 2016.

Interview

I walked in on a Monday and spoke with the day manager. Then I went home immediately and filled out an online application. By Friday I had an interview, and by the following Monday, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a group interview and very interesting to say the least. It was super laid back, fun, and well... mellow. It took about thirty minutes long and there were three other people interviewing with me. On a piece of paper, we had to write down our name, number, availability, and a fun fact about ourselves. The questions I got asked were about music I listened to, places I would travel to, how I would handle a zombie apocalypse, and a cube I found in the desert. Super cool. There was, however, at the very end a scenario that would be typical of a restaurant environment: busy, loud, chaotic. We were asked to explain how we would handle a situation as such.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick and painless interview process. just show up with a good attitude and a smile. Just a basic one on one sit down interview with nothing asked that will make you think hard. I went in for the interview on a Tuesday they told me to come back for my first day on thursday.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview

I went in to the restaurant in person and was told that all applications are handled through their website. I went home and answered the necessary questions on the online application and submitted a resume. I received a phone call within a few days and was told I had the job and to come in to discuss availability and orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Westerville, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online on another job board and I got an email back from Jack Baker (I think that was his name) and he wants me to interview immediately. We set up a time of 2 pm on Monday and I go to the interview and we discuss the job and what he's looking for. The first thing I noticed when I got there was that the girls working there all had short shorts on. (not my style as I'm 51 yrs old.) He told me that he needed to fill 7 vacancies and he was interviewing 10 girls for the job. I asked some questions and we ended the interview. The next step is to wait until next week to see if I got the job. After that I'm sure the next step would be to fill out hiring papers, train and get me working. This was a typical interview and typical interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Eustis, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Eustis, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole thing only took maybe 3 minutes!!
    After sitting down the manager looked at my application and said tell me about why you like serving. Then he went over what they serve and what they do as far as the bar go's with specials. He asked me about how many tables I could handle at once.

Interview Questions

• He just read over my application and said "Can you work full time because we are always short handed"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Mellow Mushroom surprised me with how thorough they were with their interview. I was interviewed by two different managers, and they asked me many in-depth questions to make an effort to really get to know me. The interview probably took about 30 minutes total. I assume this is an effort to reduce turnover.

Server Interview

Interview

Had a quick chat with the manager, basically asked if i could multitask and be on time. It was not a difficult interview. It helps if you know people that can vouch for you.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Gainesville, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was short and to the point, I was asked just a couple questions and the manager got straight to explaining what they expect with this position. Manager was very nice and personable, respectful as well. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on staying with us long term?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, salary as a cashier may be up for negotiation