Meltwater International Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two phone screenings through January, then an in-person, halfday group interview at the company which may lead into an individual interview depending on your performance in the group interview

Interview Questions

• Sell your passion, make a pitch to sell meltwater to a company of choice, why sales, why Meltwater, why your city of choice   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website after finding a listing on LinkedIn. I was contacted a few days later, and had a preliminary phone interview that lasted about an hour. After that, they send a 3 page questionnaire that you have to fill out so they can determine if you're a good fit. There's also an in-person mingling session, and then a mandatory in-person day long interview. The first half was a group interview, and if you're invited back it's a panel interview. Somewhat intimidating if you've never had a panel but pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What's your biggest accomplishment? What are you passionate about? How did you bounce back from the biggest failure in your life?   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

Intense. It will put a bad taste in some people's mouth however thats not a bad thing. It helps them and you figure out if you're a fit. You will have a phone interview, then if that goes well a group interview, then if the group interview goes well you will have a one on mult. (3 in my case). All are intense and have you thinking on your feet, you will have to work with your competition. I just found the company not to be a fit personally in terms in the environment they support and cultivate, and took a position with someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

After the first phone interview, I was invited for a second interview. The second interview consisted of a group interview with 10 other people. It started late on their end, but nothing that was a deterrent for the interview. When we arrived to the room, we sat in a spot with our name tag in no apparent order (which was a little weird and felt like they planned for us to sit in specific spots). Everyone was nice and cordial, however it was evident that at least one member at a time was judging our every move throughout the entire 3 hour interview, especially what we were wearing, our posture, and our attentiveness. We were only asked to speak 3 times total, which occurred after our break. The beginning started with everyone on the Meltwater side introducing themselves and running through a power point. After an hour, there was a break where it felt like the Meltwater members chose who they wanted to talk to, and a few people were obviously left out. When we returned from break we were asked to introduce ourselves and an achievement or event we were proud of. Following that, we did a workshop where we formed groups of 4 based off of who we were sitting next to. We were asked to choose a company that could use Meltwater's services (Prepare in 7 mins and present in 3). After the presentations, the final test was to describe something we were passionate about. Most people said the same or similar things (dancing, cycling, something athletic). They don't really judge by what you say, but how you say it and how you can represent it. Finally, they concluded and thanked us for coming, it was honestly weird that the leader assigned one Meltwater employee to escort us out.

This whole process felt like a psychological examination. Another thing I noticed was that everyone seemed to have a pretty similar personality type, so Meltwater is looking for a pretty specific candidate. Mostly females work at Meltwater. Also they NEVER talked about a salary- if you're serious about sales, you can probably make more money elsewhere. If you are serious about Meltwater and feel like you fully understand what they do, then yes go fly in from out of town for this interview where you have a 1 in 20 shot. But if you don't really know if Meltwater is for you... don't waste your time or theirs.

I used this website to help prepare me for this interview and it was a great help.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and talk about an achievement or an event you are proud of   1 Answer
    • What is something you are passionate about?   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

Met them at a campus recruiting event. They seemed very professional and established. I was asked to apply online which lead to a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to the group interview which I accepted. However, after looking further into the company and hearing other people's experiences, I politely let them know I wouldn't be able to attend.

Interview Questions

Looking into the company, it didn't seem as great as they make it seem.

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater in March 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone screening about a week after meeting recruiters at my college's career fair. It consisted of basic questions about my resume and experiences. It was very laid back and at the end of the call I was invited to the group interview.
    The group interview was not as bad as I was expecting. There was a panel of about six people, 12-15 other interviewees, and lasted about two hours. The first half was all background information about Meltwater. The second half consisted of a few different exercises. For one we were split into groups of 3-4 and given about five minutes to think of a company that could benefit from the Meltwater services. The groups then presented the pitch to the room.
    The final round was the most difficult. It was an hour long panel interview, but only one person asked the questions while the other 5-6 people took notes. It's intense and intimidating and meant to see how you perform under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Talk about something you're passionate about and why for 60 seconds.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meltwater (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met them at a college fair. Got a call for a 1:1, passed that - I think they were just seeing if I could hold a conversation. Group interview process was next. About 30 of us went into this office where only 8 people worked. There was beer and wine and cheese and ham. THey also showed us their products and told us what it'd be like to work there. THey have a really fratty culture -- they go see Fetty Wap concerts as an office -- but the company culture seemed to be intense and competitive.

Interview Questions

• Was more of just a judgement of your personality, seeing how you fit in the group   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater in January 2016.

Interview

Honestly, this interview is a stress test. They are really hard on you during the 5-on-1 interview because they want to see how you handle rejection and pressure. I did not end up getting an offer because it wasn't going to be a good fit for me. However, my friend works at Meltwater and she's really well-suited for the role because she handles stress very well. Don't mistake the interview as them being mean or "too harsh" because they are just trying to gauge whether or not this job would be a good fit for you. It's a pressure test, and what matters is how you react. In sales, you'll face a lot of rejection and criticism, so the interview is how they judge your ability to deal with it and keep your composure.

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

First of all, is this a fraternity or an actual business? This process is a complete joke. All this company wants to know is if they can break you. After the phone screening, and the open house (aka mixer to see if you are pretty/hot enough to be a part of their crew), the group interview is laughable. I'm not even sure the directors know what their product does and what they're trying to sell. The product is always changing, the company is merging with other companies, and if I hear the phrase "media intelligence" one more time I think I might go crazy. Your "activities" have nothing to do with your interviewees' potential and do no justice measuring how well they will do for 4 hours a day on the phone. If you wanted to know how well someone could benefit your company, why aren't you asking what type of research they've done on the company and why you think they would be a good employee? Stop hiring college grads and taking advantage of them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and describe an honorable achievement. Sales pitch with 2-3 other interviewees on a company that could benefit from Meltwater. 1 minute speech about something you are passionate about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a group interview with around 10 interviewees and a panel of 8 or so Meltwater employees. They called 4 of us back for individual interviews. Not like any other interview process I've been to. The whole thing was essentially trying to see how someone handles being under pressure.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to pitch a company that needs the Meltwater software and to give a 1 minute speech about something you're passionate about.   Answer Question