Meltwater Client Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meltwater Client Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I got an email to set up a 15-30 min phone interview and the lady requested we do it the following Monday (6 days after the email) at 5:30pm. I felt a little confused as to why it needed to be so late and if it was just a phone screen then why did I have to wait 6 days. The woman emailed me at 5:30 that day and asked if I could still chat, after I said yes she then said she needed to push the convo for another hour. She called at 6:45 and spoke to me for 10 minutes where she asked no questions about me. She invited me to the meet and greet for Wednesday and hung up. She told me no info about the meet and greet and she knew I was going to have to come from out of town.

The next day she emails me very general info about the meet and greet (when and where) and that is it. I spent a good amount of money on transportation to the meet and greet. I chatted and asked questions with about 20ish other candidates. It was very casual and actually very fun (if you aren't a sorority or fraternity person then you might not fit in). Then I left. I heard nothing from them after. I emailed to say thank you and emailed a week later to check in and received no email back. Overall, the company is a very unprofessional and young. Don't apply if you are over 30. No one was older than 28-29.

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meltwater in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied for two different positions at this company a few days ago, and received an email back (addressed to anther candidate as the recruiter wrote the wrong name) with a scheduled phone interview a day or so later. The email did not specify which job I would be interviewing for, so I was under the impression that it was for the first position I had applied for (as I know that specific job is currently trying to be filled). When the recruiter called, she seemed extremely distracted, having hesitated for a few seconds while trying to figure out my name, what to ask me, etc.

The interview lasted one minute, and I felt it was conducted in a very unprofessional, rude manner. When I said i wasn't fully interested in a sales position, she immediately wrote me off, abruptly hanging up although I said that I was open to hearing more about the job and what it entailed.

Very disappointed overall.

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Interview

Has been a bad experience with the company and the interview process. After reading other reviews I see that I'm not the only one. After initially applying for the job posting a recruiter reached out to me via email except the email had the wrong name in it. Overlooking that as a minor error because I know sometimes those emails are copy n paste. After responding to email with times and dates available for a prescreen call the recruiter finally responded 2 days later and step up time and date that she would call. That date and time has come and I have not received a call from the recruiter or an email saying that she needs to reschedule. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please follow up with times and dates available for a call.   Answer Question

Account Manager - Client Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I could honestly say, having read particularly negative reviews about their interview process, the interview with Meltwater was not bad at all. I actually had had fun! Meltwater staff make sure you are comfortable at all stages throughout the interview (they engage and check-in with your personally, provide sustenance, and possible giveaways). More importantly, they constantly solicit feedback about the interview process, which means they care about the candidate experience and your impression of them once you leave, job offer or not.

I felt compelled to write a note on here (when I don't normally do this) because I realize it may be those who did not do well or do not thrive in that interview environment and therefore have a negative experience who end up writing negative reviews about a company that, I believe, is just trying to identify the right candidate. They're interview approach helps them to achieve this.

My advice would be: Be prepared to speak in public and to present in front of fellow peers and the interview panel on topics you may not know much about. Be prepared to show your people skills because it is part of their culture and the position requires it. Overall, be confident in yourself - They want you to be the candidate they are looking for, you just need to see it in yourself first.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical sales scenarios/pitches.   1 Answer

Client Relations/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Honestly probably the most ridiculous interview I've ever had, and was really disappointed considering I had such high hopes and what I thought was a good impression of this company. Just like everyone else, typical phone interview, met in the office with two Sales Managers, and the third round was a group interview which they were debating "not doing" - ended up calling us in about a week before - myself and three other candidates, all of who were very smart and seemed well qualified. But I was shocked at how unprofessional I actually felt the interview was - they're actually going to hire you based on you debating whether a sword or a pen would theoretically win, and my opinion on who I think would be a good manager (considering I've heard maybe 5 words out of everyone's mouths)? How is that even remotely relevant to anything at Meltwater? I mean a complete joke in my opinion. I felt like I was in high school. And then of course after the interview they call you an hour later after they "debate" as a team if you're worth bringing in for another round or two - they actually called me and then said they would call me back again so they could discuss further -- really insane. Also felt bad for someone they made fly from the West Coast to go through this whole process for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Literally less than a minute to prepare for something you are passionate about and pitch it right on the spot.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater in June 2013.

Interview

Very strange group interview process. The whole thing took about 3 hours. you listen to the employees talk about meltwater group for about an hour. then you talk about yourself for 5 min. they have you break up into groups and debate pointless topics. The whole process was very long and drawn out.

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meltwater (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment company, had a phone interview then if successful you're invited to a meet and greet in the evening with drinks and socialising. After that it was an assessment day, which was the same week as the meet and greet, and then a final interview with a panel. A very swift and organised process. They look for people who are teachable and with good business intelligence.

Interview Questions

• Why meltwater, what management skills do you have, what skills does a client success account manager need, describe an issue in the news to do with the British economy   Answer Question

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Was an 'informal' after work 'Meet Meltwater' network style event running 6-9pm that offered drinks, a presentation and a the chance to meet the team. You really have to stand out and talk to everyone. It's obvious the candidate they want is young, fresh out of university, or with limited account management experience and someone they can mold.

Interview Questions

• Main question asked by everyone is: "Tell me about yourself" and "Why SaaS industry"   1 Answer