Meltwater Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.3

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater in March 2017.

Interview

1st round- phone screen by manager
2nd round- group interview with about 10 other people. Make a passion speech, biggest accomplishment speech. Pitch a company with a group.
3rd- If you are called back then you have an interview with director and managers (4 people) Mock sales call, strengths & weaknesses

In all, it was a tough process. Very nerve racking/on the spot type. But I think they are looking for people that can be put on the spot and show confidence and ability to think on feet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It started with a brief phone interview with corporate and then I had another phone interview with the office manager. After that I was invited to an open house at their office.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of situations that show you're ambitious.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process began with introduction at career fair. Afterwards was put in touch with a hiring manager and was invited to participate in a group interview. Very casual environment, hiring managers encouraged relaxation as every individual gave two individual speeches as well as one group sales pitch regarding the utilization of the meltwater media intelligence software towards a relevant company. After this two hour process, select candidates are called back for individual interviews. This stage is undoubtedly more intense as you are directly speaking with anywhere from 2-4 hiring managers at one time. This is a sales role, you are expected to sell yourself and this is exactly what this portion of the interview consists of; questions, comments and concerns are touched upon accompanied by a variety of different sales pitch situations. You must do research and know the relative basics of the company if you hope to do well in this portion and come off as an impressive candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the toughest obstacle you've thus far encountered in your life?

How would you define your role as a leader/team player?

What would you say your biggest weaknesses are? How do you combat these weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very intense, but not at all intimidating. I was first chosen to a group interview, where we were told about the company, and then given a number of tasks to be performed in smaller group. We were however all in the same room at all times. After this about a half of the 16 applicants were invited back to the individual interviews. The individual interviews have the same panel of interviewers from the group interview, and I was asked to reflect myself on the 6 different criteria of their recruitment (teamwork, intelligence, sociable etc.). I was then asked to perform a sales call and a sales meeting with little time to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I originally met my first contact at a career fair and she was extremely helpful and kind. It seemed to me that you had an upper hand if you met with one of their Talent Acquisitions Heads in person. The next step was an interview over the phone with a managing director who first asked me to walk her through my resume, and then asked me a lot of company-related questions. If you get to this interview, make sure you are familiar with the company's clients and exactly what the company offers in terms of services.

Interview Questions

• Could you name a company that our services could be used for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long with multiple steps that included a phone interview, open house, group interview. They provided a questionnaire that they relied on during the group interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was incredibly difficult. First it was a phone screening which lasted 20-30 min. Then invited to a rented room in a hotel and did a group interview which was fine. It was some standard questions and more about yourself until that point. They then decided who they would call back for individual interviews and I got called in. Can't remember how long this took but it would be you sitting across from 4 people (2 sales managers, the MD, and the Area director). They proceeded to grill me and ask very difficult questions as well as do a couple of mock sales calls. It's like they flipped on a switch to be totally different people during the individuals. Ultimately though it was very difficult but a great experience because something like that will prepare you for most other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a weakness about yourself. Name another. Name another (will ask you this a couple of time now matter what your answer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Intense process. The interview questionnaire is very long, know it well and know the company well before the interviews. Know how to give a good sales pitch about the company.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think knows you best? What would that person say is something we should worry about with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meltwater (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was on the phone - one with a Managing Director and another with a Sales Manager. Very easy people to talk to - no curveballs. I stopped interviewing them after the "Open House" where they split us into groups to talk about different elements at Meltwater over beer/wine and snacks. The casual mixer that followed served as an interview because it determined whether or not you'd be invited back. It was awkward because no one knew what they should or shouldn't say because it was a business professional environment, but the current employees weren't acting professional at all. At one point I asked a current employee a question about the company, and she replied "Oh you shouldn't ask me, I never have my sh*t together." You never know if you're allowed to let loose or act professional. After several weeks without any contact, I was invited back for an interview, but I had already accepted another job at this point. Compared to other companies' interview processes, Meltwater takes much longer to get to the actual job offer date.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be good at sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They call you for an initial interview, then ask to you to fly out for a group interview (but they don't pay for your flight unless you get the job). The group interview is with several other people, and is quite like a shark tank. If you don't impress initially, you don't get asked to stay for the individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you got a subpar result and what did you do after to improve?   Answer Question