Meltwater Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.5

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview telling about the company and asking a little about you resume. In person interview the following week, asked situational questions, pretend cold call, and tested business intelligence. Asked about current news and certain real life situations that the product would be used and what industries would need it surrounding the situation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They call you for an initial interview, then ask to you to fly out for a group interview (but they don't pay for your flight unless you get the job). The group interview is with several other people, and is quite like a shark tank. If you don't impress initially, you don't get asked to stay for the individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you got a subpar result and what did you do after to improve?   Answer Question

Sales Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview is online with a prompt that is displayed and then your answer is recorded. Second interview consists of a phone interview with recruiter. Third interview is on site in a group setting.

International Business and Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email within a few days of applying to set up a phone interview. Scheduled the call with one person and a different person called me (10 minutes late) saying the first was too busy. There was a lot of background noise on the call, I felt rushed and like the interviewer really wasn't listening to what I was saying. Answers to my questions were short and insufficient. Very rude.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by an executive recruiter who did a solid job preparing for a conversation and advocated to get an initial screen for my candidacy.
    Spoke on the phone with the hiring manager and was invited back to an onsite with 2 people. Prior to the interview, I was asked to think through a case question testing my product sense and execution skills.
    At the interview, there was a mix of behavioral and reasoning questions. The hiring manager preferred to lead the discussion. It was fairly interactive with opportunities for Q&A throughout the interview.
    They pride themselves in international presence, so do not be surprised by a "European", direct attitude.
    Know your stuff and industry. They are looking for a specific culture fit.
    I was a bit rusty on my data science and it came through in my response structure. While I received overall positive feedback, it helped me refocus and structure preparation for my next interview.
     practice will help here.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out whether two writer identities are actually the same person?   1 Answer
    • How would you track down emerging authors?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They did a panel style interview, very unorganized and unwelcoming. I spent an hour there and then never heard back which is unprofessional. No one wants to work there, unless you're desperate for a job. They should hire people to help them out and learn how to interview people properly. They're just wasting people's time and making themselves look unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• what would your boss say you need to work on   2 Answers

Client Success Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Had a phone interview then a group interview. They emailed most of the questions they asked in the group interview to you ahead of time and had me answer them and email back before we went in to the interview. There were 5 other candidates in the group interview with 3 managers on the other side of the boardroom table. They gave a presentation about the company. Then asked us questions and had to form a group and try to pitch a company that could use the software. management is extremely young here. They promote within. They called people back that day to do one on one interviews. I did not move forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major setback due to poor judgement or weak performance. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question

Account Executive, Client Success Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My recruiter set me up with the initial phone screen which I found fairly easy and fine. The next round was a group interview with 9 other candidates. There was a panel of 7 Meltwater employees on one side of a long table and the 9 of us on the other side. We each had name tags in front of us. The group interview was organized and they told us the schedule of the day. First we each had to introduce ourselves and tell the group about something personal or professional we were proud of. After that intro, we each had to say who we thought in the group would make a good manager and why. You could see the Meltwater employees taking notes and mentally shrinking the group. There were a few more team assignments and a debate followed by an elevator pitch.

I made it to the next day which was a 7-1 interview. This was intense. Lots of role playing, testing business knowledge and really trying to throw you off. They told me the next step would be offers on Friday. Late that night, I got a call asking me to come in a third time the next day for 30 min. I was under the impression that they were deciding between me and another candidate. They brought in a guy from another department and it seemed like they were gauging my interest in a full on sales job. I stayed honest and true and said I was more interested in client success. They asked me some more really tough questions on how I would be successful in sales and what I was passionate about.

The next day I got a phone call and they told me that they wouldn't be giving me an offer. After spending around 7 hours in the office, I appreciated the call but would have liked some more feedback if there was something they didn't like or were unsure of. The interview process was by far the most intense one I've ever done and some of the people seemed fake.

Interview Questions

• Name something you would struggle with personality wise by joining Meltwater?
      Role playing of cold calls, they would shut you down and expect you to sell Meltwater products without much knowledge of them.
      What would make you a good manager?
      Give an elevator pitch of a hobby or activity you love.
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

My interview consisted of 2 phone interviews with different people and then a panel interview with 3 people. The phone interviews were not phone screens, so be prepared for an intense 30 minutes. During the panel interview, I was asked questions I have never been asked before so make sure to think up everything from your past jobs so you can speak about it.

Interview Questions

• Who is your best friend and what would they say they you need to work on?   Answer Question