Meltwater Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Meltwater Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I originally met my first contact at a career fair and she was extremely helpful and kind. It seemed to me that you had an upper hand if you met with one of their Talent Acquisitions Heads in person. The next step was an interview over the phone with a managing director who first asked me to walk her through my resume, and then asked me a lot of company-related questions. If you get to this interview, make sure you are familiar with the company's clients and exactly what the company offers in terms of services.

Interview Questions

• Could you name a company that our services could be used for?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then on site interview at their SF location. Questions were pretty straightforward, but be prepared for a mock cold-call. They seem to have an aggressive sales culture here, so definitely consider if it is the right job for you.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview telling about the company and asking a little about you resume. In person interview the following week, asked situational questions, pretend cold call, and tested business intelligence. Asked about current news and certain real life situations that the product would be used and what industries would need it surrounding the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They call you for an initial interview, then ask to you to fly out for a group interview (but they don't pay for your flight unless you get the job). The group interview is with several other people, and is quite like a shark tank. If you don't impress initially, you don't get asked to stay for the individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you got a subpar result and what did you do after to improve?   Answer Question

Sales Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview is online with a prompt that is displayed and then your answer is recorded. Second interview consists of a phone interview with recruiter. Third interview is on site in a group setting.

International Business and Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email within a few days of applying to set up a phone interview. Scheduled the call with one person and a different person called me (10 minutes late) saying the first was too busy. There was a lot of background noise on the call, I felt rushed and like the interviewer really wasn't listening to what I was saying. Answers to my questions were short and insufficient. Very rude.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by an executive recruiter who did a solid job preparing for a conversation and advocated to get an initial screen for my candidacy.
    Spoke on the phone with the hiring manager and was invited back to an onsite with 2 people. Prior to the interview, I was asked to think through a case question testing my product sense and execution skills.
    At the interview, there was a mix of behavioral and reasoning questions. The hiring manager preferred to lead the discussion. It was fairly interactive with opportunities for Q&A throughout the interview.
    They pride themselves in international presence, so do not be surprised by a "European", direct attitude.
    Know your stuff and industry. They are looking for a specific culture fit.
    I was a bit rusty on my data science and it came through in my response structure. While I received overall positive feedback, it helped me refocus and structure preparation for my next interview.
     practice will help here.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out whether two writer identities are actually the same person?   1 Answer
    • How would you track down emerging authors?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They did a panel style interview, very unorganized and unwelcoming. I spent an hour there and then never heard back which is unprofessional. No one wants to work there, unless you're desperate for a job. They should hire people to help them out and learn how to interview people properly. They're just wasting people's time and making themselves look unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• what would your boss say you need to work on   2 Answers

Client Success Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Had a phone interview then a group interview. They emailed most of the questions they asked in the group interview to you ahead of time and had me answer them and email back before we went in to the interview. There were 5 other candidates in the group interview with 3 managers on the other side of the boardroom table. They gave a presentation about the company. Then asked us questions and had to form a group and try to pitch a company that could use the software. management is extremely young here. They promote within. They called people back that day to do one on one interviews. I did not move forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major setback due to poor judgement or weak performance. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meltwater (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question