Memorial Medical Center (IL) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Medical Center (IL) Interview Questions

3.4

IS Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall it was a standard corporate type of interview. First I received an email that asked for a day and time that I would like to have a telephone interview. The HR recruiter called a couple of minutes late big deal. It was very robotic feeling and seemed like they wanted pre-planned answers rather than actually taking time to think about their questions and give genuine replies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current employer?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict with co-workers?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL).

Interview

Discriminatory hiring practices. Was hired at same time of approximately 20 others. I was the only new hire who was overweight. I was forced to go through a "fit for duty" assessment involving heart rate monitoring while lifting weights, doing squats, bending, pushing and pulling measurements and other muscle strength/stamina exercises. Despite never having an on-the-job injury, I discovered during orientation, no other new hire had to complete this assessment.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with an individual from HR, she was very nice and made me very comfortable. I then went to meet the Pharmacy Manager and I had a nice conversation with him, very nice people!

Program Manager IT PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

First - 30 minute interview with Search Firm (Pro-Tech)
    Second - 30 minute interview with Memorial HR - Standard questions
    Third - 30 minute interview with PMO Manager
    Fourth - 2.5 hour interview with IT management; Other hospital management; HR review of benefits
    I was an out of state candidate and I was treated very well be both Memorial staff and the Search Firm while I was on-site.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult situation I was put in was having the department managemenet I would be working with interviewing me during my on-site at the hospital.   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

It was very difficult to get in touch with the talent recruiter for this company. My calls went unanswered without any replies to my numerous voice mails for at least two weeks. I eventually had to contact the manager of the unit to find out the status of my interview.

Interview Questions

• The biggest topic discussed were goals and where I saw myself in five years.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

They called my cell phone and instead of scheduling a phone interview...just started doing it right then. Talk about unprepared. Went in first with the human resource department for their interview process. After that part was done then went and interviewed with the nurse manager on the floor they had available.

Director, IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Interview process was a little rocky but overall a good experience. HR at first wanted to set-up a skype interview rather than an in person. Initial interview was through a recruiter, then HR phone screen, hiring manager, phone screen then in person with 8 people simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Asking me to detail how I would fix an issue without having any details related to the problem. Kept asking and I kept asking for a little more detail. Impossible to answer with a definitive answer until the problem was known.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation process was short. Able to negotiate additional moving costs.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) (Springfield, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Had several phone interviews with the staffing agency then came a 60 minute interview with the HR lady and then a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. Of the 30 minutes the hiring manager took 15 minutes to describe the position. Then asked me a few questions. I was rejected because I did not speak in depth.

Interview Questions

• What are the three top qualities of a manager   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Memorial Medical Center (IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Had to interview with HR dept and supervisor of my dept

Interview Questions

• You have to do an hour and a half of computer based tests before you can interview with supervisor of your department   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. They tell u what they will pay & when u will work.