Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 749 of over 749 interviews

Employee Referral15%
Campus Recruiting9%
HardAverageEasy

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

Approached by a recruiter, applied, had a phone screening interview for about 20-30 minutes and then was invited for an in-person interview. From applying to job offer, the application process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • How would your peers and co-workers describe you?
    Answer Question

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

Not exactly sure if this counts, as I apparently didn't even make it past the phone call with the recruiter. But anyway, I received a phone call from an internal recruiter shortly after applying. She screened me and assured me that multiple departments would be interested. A day or so later, she sent me an email assuring me that a specific person would be contacting me soon to schedule an interview. After a week or so of waiting for that person to contact me, I contacted the recruiter to let them know. The recruiter answered days later saying that the director who was supposed to contact me was just out of office and assured me not to worry. Again, she assured me that multiple departments wanted to speak to me. After a week and still no contact from that department, I checked the job listing to see that it had been filled and the position was closed. Obviously, these positions are competitive and people are busy, but the experience wasn't great. I have volunteered for this hospital before, so this isn't the first time I've been entangled in an interdepartmental communication lapse. It's all honestly turned me off from this hospital completely.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my future plans, time commitments--things of that sort.

What people are saying about Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

39.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center~4711
Join the conversation on

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

Interviewed with multiple departments many times never received formal job offer. Interviews were virtual through zoom due to pandemic. Managers very nice and accommodating/ flexible with interview scheduling. Pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

The interview process was smooth and simple. The directions to the virtual interview was very clear and easy to navigate. Interviews made me feel comfortable and made sure they gave me a chance to gather my thoughts before answering.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

Never made it to the interview round because of the timed coding challenge. The instructions said I can choose any programming language but that was true of only 2/3 of the questions. The 3rd was Java only.

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

The interview process was very tedious but rewarding. They ask many situation based questions, so it would be helpful to have that prepared. They want as much detail as possible. It is a little nerve wrecking but it is a great way to think outside of the box about your answers.

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time you had a difficult encounter with a patient. How did you handle it and were you satisfied with the outcome?

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

The nurse manager provided an overview of the floor. Then they asked me some questions. Told me they would reach out to the recruiter. Received an offer from HR in the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about yourself. - What are your strengths? - What makes a good nurse?
2 people found this interview helpful

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

1 interview where they asked technical and behavioral questions. Most of the questions were pretty standard although some were a little more challenging. Interviewers took notes as you answered the questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Apr 2022

Interview

Zoom interview with 2 nurses and 1 NP. They went over the structure of the program and then asked me questions (some below). The experience was pretty friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
  • Why oncology nursing? What has been your favorite clinical so far? Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict.

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Interview

Four virtual interviews in total - two with the hiring manager and two with senior leadership. One HR conversation to confirm qualifications. Asked insightful questions, and was focused primarily on interpersonal and leadership skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 749 Interviews

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.97 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Physician Office Assistant and Session Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Session Assistant I and Research Study Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center takes an average of 28 days when considering 879 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Physician Office Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Research Study Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 37 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center according to 879 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.71%