Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Interview

MSKCC requires you to provide 5 references - including your current manager - and then sends them a long online survey to rate your skills and abilities. They don't think this is excessive and don't care that this could get you fired from your existing job. Their whole recruiting process is just so demeaning and dismissive. Everything from the slow response times to the non-negotiable low ball offers proves this. I got so sick of the abuse that I withdrew.

MSKCC regularly sends me solicitations for donations. They even run a fundraiser at my gym. My experience with MSKCC has been so negative - I would dissuade anyone from donating to them, applying for work with them, or seeking care there. How you treat job applicants reflects how you treat employees. How you treat employees reflects how you treat customers. And MSKCC suffers from a terminal case of hubris.

Interview Questions

• We need you to provide 5 references, including your current supervisor, and they have to complete an online survey rating your skills.   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately directed towards the assessment test. Answered questions that asked about previous job, basically trying to figure out your attitude and demeanor during your former job(s). Received an email a couple days later politely saying that the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• To what extent would your manager describe you as a team player?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the listing on indeed, applied through the site, got a call within the next week and set up an interview. The initial interview was with HR and then I was sent to be interviewed by some of the department heads, which took about an hour. After going home and radio silence for a few days I was asked to go in for one more interview with some of the physicians. Soon after that, I got a call for a job offer, which I accepted

Interview Questions

• HR asked a lot of "describe a situation where _____ and what did you do? Everyone else really grilled me about my skills and experience, but overall it was a pleasant experience   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Met initially with the Clinical Supervisor who explained the position and he responsibilities. Then met with two senior. RN Case Managers who posed different scenarios. Interview went well and I didn't feel intimidated as I have on other interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a doctor that is pushing you to discharge a patient quickly while you have other patients actively being discharged as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked through email to set up a phone interview 2+ weeks after submitting an application. After a phone interview I was asked to come in to interview with HR and then to the department of clinic managers for that specific are I applied to

Interview Questions

• What was something you have accomplished in your current job that you are most proud of   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone interview after submitting an online application. Moved forward with an In person interview with one of the managers on the unit I was applying for. Spent about 15 minutes talking about the manager's personal life. Wish I was Interviewed by a different individual.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Had to come into the office for the interviews with the research supervisors/ administrators and then met with the doctors within the specific service on another day. Once accepted within the position I had to get medical clearance from the employee health services including PPD, vaccines/ titers. In addition there is a urine drug screen that must be completed after you submit your background check. Overall the interviewing process was not difficult, but applicants should make sure to prepare accordingly and make sure you understand the aims of the research team and what you have to offer within the department. Everyone is very nice and look to hire qualified people to join their team. When meeting with the doctors bring a positive attitude and don't let their lack of enthusiasm affect your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

About two weeks ago I applied through MSKCC job portal and got a call the following day saying they wish to have an in-person interview with me. Then the next following day I went to their HR office and had the interview with their HR department at Midtown 3rd Ave.

The interviewer was quite friendly and asked me several questions (which all are irrelevant to jobs but rather focus on personality) and introduced me about the what is the task function, where is the primary location for the position, as well as the pros and cons of the job. Quite useful!

By the way, the Salary for this position is $21/hour, approximately 42k/year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your group has an argument and how you managed to solve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you're under severe pressure   Answer Question
    • How do you see yourself in 5 years? / What's your plan in the near future? / Do you plan to pursue a Ph.D. in the future?   Answer Question
    • Why research?   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was with all the higher-ups. Then I met with all the members of the laboratory, I would be working on with on a daily basis. I was in the room 4 for hours and no lunch was given at all or asked for water/coffee. So I was exhausted by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• STAR method questions. And a lot about what types of techniques you had used in your previous jobs. Also, some behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screening, and then in-person interviews with the HR rep, the Procurement team, and an interview with the head of Procurement. Everything went well, I felt. I engaged in a lot of back and forth. They asked typical interview questions, and I came back with questions of my own.

I received an offer, but I turned it down. The HR recruiter never told me that I was applying for an entry-level position, when my resume clearly shows that I'm at a mid-career level. I found out through the Procurement department that it was entry-level. They wanted me to take a pay cut for a lower-level position, AND move to the NYC area while they offered NO relocation assistance whatsoever. I had to supply 5 references online, with 2 of them being supervisors or managers. One of the ones I had to provide was my current supervisor, who received an email survey for providing said reference. That made for a difficult conversation afterwards. When I tried to negotiate salary, the HR recruiter said "not gonna happen". There was no way that I could justify taking the job with the way everything played out.

Interview Questions

• There were a few "tell me about a time when..." questions. Also asked me about a time when I failed at my job.   Answer Question