Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Interview

MSKCC requires you to provide 5 references - including your current manager - and then sends them a long online survey to rate your skills and abilities. They don't think this is excessive and don't care that this could get you fired from your existing job. Their whole recruiting process is just so demeaning and dismissive. Everything from the slow response times to the non-negotiable low ball offers proves this. I got so sick of the abuse that I withdrew.

MSKCC regularly sends me solicitations for donations. They even run a fundraiser at my gym. My experience with MSKCC has been so negative - I would dissuade anyone from donating to them, applying for work with them, or seeking care there. How you treat job applicants reflects how you treat employees. How you treat employees reflects how you treat customers. And MSKCC suffers from a terminal case of hubris.

Interview Questions

• We need you to provide 5 references, including your current supervisor, and they have to complete an online survey rating your skills.   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (Basking Ridge, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via webcam, then another meeting in person on location (two interviews), and later another interview with the physician I'd be working with. Interview questions were behavioral based and difficult to quickly answer. Physician asked me "When can you start?" After leaving that interview I thought I had pretty much had the job, but came to find out another candidate was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What's a word used to describe you that was surprising?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

They're really interested in your future plans, especially if you intend on going to graduate school cause the position usually requires a 1-2 year commitment. Overall, average process. It's easier if you have previous research experience.

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very decieving and unprofessional. I received a phone screen at first which seemed harmless enough. One week later I receive an email requesting an in person meeting with very inflexible dates and times. To meet this requirement I had to use a vacation day from my current position. I receive a mass email which was sent to all interviewers on the day before my email reminding me that I would be meeting with a Director and the HR Generalist. Upon arrival there are 4 additional interviewers. Furthermore, the team informs me that the job I applied for would be for off hour shifts. Very unprofessional to not list that little bit of knowledge in the description for the posting. After finishing the interview I am informed they still have weeks of interviews left, which means there was no rush in the first place for me I make this interview. I still have not heard anything back and this has been a month. I am very upset with the whole process and would never recommend anyone who is marketable to apply through this hospital.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform a risk assessment?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to support team members?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a team member or direct report that is not meeting their quota.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

It was smooth, and everyone was friendly from HR to the hiring manager. Be ready to answer situational questions and how you fit in the department. I heard back from HR in two weeks. Goodluck!

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to for an interview within 2 weeks, had an interview with someone from HR, then a project manager, and finally a physician. Interview process took a week, and 5 references were required.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

They called me and had a phone interview with HR. After that a week later I had recieved a call to get an in person interview. Pretty straightforward, asked a series of situational questions. Took about 30-40 minutes. Two people ask you questions. Just send a proper email

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Not difficult, easy-going. Interviewer was very accommodating and helpful in answering any questions about the position that I had. Also, interviewer was very clear about what my duties and responsibilities would be.

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately directed towards the assessment test. Answered questions that asked about previous job, basically trying to figure out your attitude and demeanor during your former job(s). Received an email a couple days later politely saying that the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• To what extent would your manager describe you as a team player?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Met initially with the Clinical Supervisor who explained the position and he responsibilities. Then met with two senior. RN Case Managers who posed different scenarios. Interview went well and I didn't feel intimidated as I have on other interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a doctor that is pushing you to discharge a patient quickly while you have other patients actively being discharged as well.   Answer Question