Memorial Sloan Kettering Office Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.4

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

It was two hiring crew members and me. I thought it was going to be smooth, however none of the questions were based on merit but mostly on my interactions with coworkers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and your coworkers were having issues?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took the assessment test shortly after. I received a call that same day in the afternoon and set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview went well, the recruiter asked questions to get to know me and see if I was the right fit for MSK. Very friendly and enthusiastic. She then invited me for an in person interview for the following week. Again, extremely personable and friendly, which made me feel comfortable. She asked me a few behavioral questions and was taking notes. When she was done with the questions, she explained the position and salary (not negotiable). She asked me if I had time for another interview and I said yes. I was told to take the jitney to the main hospital and meet with two administrative coordinators.
    This interview was long. They had a packet of questions and were also taking notes. They like for you to use the STAR method to answer every behavioral question. You need to make sure you have relevant examples to answer these questions. After about an hour of questions and answers, they asked me if I had any questions, which I did. They went into more detail about the position. It was a great interview.
    I was then asked for a 4th interview, this time with a physician I can potentially work with. I was most nervous for this but I should not have been because it was such a pleasant conversation. No behavioral questions this time. I guess this was more of an interview to see if you're a right fit with the physician.
    I was called that same evening with an offer. It all went by so quickly, not even a week from the time I applied for the position. I would say it's a lengthy process, but I understand why. They only want the best employees there and you need that for such an important institution like MSK.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I applied online, did the online admin skills test and then had a phone interview with an hr person who was great. They invited me in for an interview. I did a brief interview with the hr person which was on the light side, pretty much giving me info and an idea of what to expect, and some tips to do well on the interview. about an hour later the same day I was sent to interview with two hiring managers.

That interview was great, and they requested my references. I thought i was going to get the job but two months later ended up finding out they went with someone else.
    Since they really liked me they sent me to interview with another department and I got the job! Two months but I'm finally in !

Tips:
    -These are behavioral interviews, so they want to know about diff scenarios and they want you to be VERY detailed. They are really looking for personality and how you will work with patients/physicians so if you know you'll be nervous take some time to prep on my questions and you'll do great
    -As with any interview, do some research on MSKK because they asked me in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time you encountered a problem/failed at something. What did you do to get through it?
      Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.
      Why are you interested in MSKCC?
      Tell me about a time where you took initiative.
      What do you do when you're stressed/how would someone know if you were stressed? (pro tip: they shouldnt know!!)
      Talk about a time you gave outstanding/above average customer service.
      Tell me about a time a supervisor gave you feedback you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, pre determined salary and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online , I received a call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist within a week or two. Video based interview took approximately 30 minutes, my interviewer was very kind and patient with me. I was offered an in person interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have went above and beyond for a patient?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I applied to the Physician Office Assistant I job. There was a test that you have to take before you receive word from HR. I received a response in 3 days. Took a phone interview and the day after there was a face to face conference. Interviewer was incredibly warm and welcoming. Questions were not too hard but they require very through and short answers. Best to prep for them beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me about a time you took initiative.
      Q2: Why healthcare? Why MSKCC?
      Q3: A difficult decision
      Q4: Strength and Weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online & submitted my resume. They require that you complete an online aptitude test before the process can continue. I took the test & followed up with a phone call. Had a brief phone screen a few days later & never heard from them again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Three interviews- One interview was over the phone and they asked questions such as your job experience and why do you want to apply for the position. The other two interviews was in person and they asked behavioral questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online in August . The following day I was notified by a recruiter to take an assessment to be considered for the position. Phone interview 2 days later and was sbxehsukes for an in person interview the following week. I met the recruiter who is one of the most down to earth person. She warmed me up for the interview which was about 2hrs long. I met with the Admin Manager and the coordinator, they asked me a lot of behavioral questions (be honest) I then met with the physician. Two weeks later I was told the department decided to hold off on hiring someone. I was then given 2 department to choose from to interview with. I interviewed with the manager and 2 physicians. I was offered a position with one of the physians and I start on the 10/24! It took two months to get in... But I'm in!

Interview Questions

• Give an examples a time you went above and beyond for a patient. Be descriptive   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in July 2016.

Interview

I've had 5 interviews in 3 weeks and was told at my last interview that I will contacted in a few days about whether or not I have the job. It as now been 6 weeks and I haven't received or phone call or an email from anyone which is very heartbreaking.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long and rigorous. I met with about 5 people. Talent acquisition representative, two managers, one physician and a nurse. Interviews with talent acquisition was about 20 minutes. Manager interviews were about 1 hour long and very detailed. Provider interviews were more conversational.