Memorial Sloan Kettering Senior Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Senior Researcher Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and easy. I interviewed with two different people for different positions. Everyone seemed happy and easy going. I then met with HR.

Interview Questions

• -What are your strengths?
      -What are your weaknesses?
      -Talk about a conflict you've experienced at work.
      -Talk about a mistake you've made.
      -What do you know about MSKCC?
      -Talk about a time you worked on an assay you weren't familiar with.   Answer Question

Senior Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later got an email for HR asking if I was interested in a different position similar to what I'd applied for. Did a phone screen with HR, then an in-person interview with the lab I applied to. About two weeks later (after references were contacted), I came back for another in-person interview with the lab, and with HR.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions-- they covered my previous research experience, technical skills, organizational and interpersonal habits, and interest. Asked if I liked to cook! (relevant for lab skills)   Answer Question

Interview

Very detail, well-organized. People are helpful. Interview process was pleasure.

Senior Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

After to responding to an ad online about the job, I received an email from the PI offering me an interview. A week later, I had the interview with the PI and met some of the lab members. Two days later, I received a call from HR asking me to come in for an HR interview since the PI was strongly considering me. The HR interview was with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. While there, I had to fill out an application and list my work history, as well as supply a copy of my CV.

The HR interview was fairly standard, no curve ball questions. Mainly why MSKCC, explain why you're leaving your current job, greatest accomplishment, future goals, how do your skills match the position, etc. She also explained the benefits during this time.

About 3 days after the HR interview, I received a call from the specialist and was told that the PI wanted to offer me the job. I gladly accepted and was then informed that I would be hearing from someone else in HR to assist with the Onboarding process. This includes a mandatory urine drug test, background check, physical exam (exam + 2 TB tests), and filling out of tax forms and other HR paperwork. Be aware that an outside agency does the background check; this is not the same as checking references. They simply will confirm that you worked everywhere you list that you have worked the past 7 years and verify your education credentials. They are very thorough! They couldn't confirm one of my past employers over the phone with the company so I had to fax them my W2 proving I had worked there. Be sure to provide as much information as possible for the background check to avoid delays.

Overall, the hiring process took about 3-4 weeks to take care of all pre-employment clearances and paper work. Once you're all set you'll attend new employee orientation for two days, then your first real day of work will be that Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I would otherwise know from looking at your CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, because of my experience, HR was able to upgrade the position and give me a better salary than I expected. I didn't even have to ask them to do this!

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very formal and intense. Although it lasted for 2 hours it seemed more or less like an interrogation than an interview. The staff in his department or primarily under the age of 30 a

salary

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I moved here with a lab but in that lab my interview process was pretty standard as it would be in an academic setting. There was a full day of meeting with post docs and PI's and I had to give a talk on my research. There were questions specific to my research.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your SVM is overfitting on the data and that is why you get good training results but bad results on actual data?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in November 2011.

Interview

It was difficult to receive feedback once the application was submitted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • If there are 7 people with 7 children and 7 dogs how many legs are in total?   2 Answers

Negotiation

new grad