Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

had three rounds of interviews, the third was necessary because one of the interviewers who made me wait for 30 minutes then gave me a negative review despite all the others being contrary. After the third day of interviewing, I was told they were entering a hiring freeze and neither i nor the other candidate I'd been competing with would be hired.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with Tashia from recruiting and Janine the unit manager, it was like a competition on who could be nicer. They ask a bunch of questions to see if you're the right fit for MSK.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took the assessment test shortly after. I received a call that same day in the afternoon and set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview went well, the recruiter asked questions to get to know me and see if I was the right fit for MSK. Very friendly and enthusiastic. She then invited me for an in person interview for the following week. Again, extremely personable and friendly, which made me feel comfortable. She asked me a few behavioral questions and was taking notes. When she was done with the questions, she explained the position and salary (not negotiable). She asked me if I had time for another interview and I said yes. I was told to take the jitney to the main hospital and meet with two administrative coordinators.
    This interview was long. They had a packet of questions and were also taking notes. They like for you to use the STAR method to answer every behavioral question. You need to make sure you have relevant examples to answer these questions. After about an hour of questions and answers, they asked me if I had any questions, which I did. They went into more detail about the position. It was a great interview.
    I was then asked for a 4th interview, this time with a physician I can potentially work with. I was most nervous for this but I should not have been because it was such a pleasant conversation. No behavioral questions this time. I guess this was more of an interview to see if you're a right fit with the physician.
    I was called that same evening with an offer. It all went by so quickly, not even a week from the time I applied for the position. I would say it's a lengthy process, but I understand why. They only want the best employees there and you need that for such an important institution like MSK.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I contacted HR recruiter and scheduled an interview to meet with HR and the nurse manager of the floor I was interested in working on. This was all done over email.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the fellowship through my school and was referred to MSKCC by my school to be interviewed for the fellowship. I was contacted via email to pick a time and date (from a list) that I would like to be interviewed. The interview took place about a month after the referral.

Interview Questions

• How does your current placement relate to working with this population?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

very behavioral. lists of questions but everyone was very friendly. be prepared to have specific experiences to use as examples because that is what they want. very professional and nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I applied online, did the online admin skills test and then had a phone interview with an hr person who was great. They invited me in for an interview. I did a brief interview with the hr person which was on the light side, pretty much giving me info and an idea of what to expect, and some tips to do well on the interview. about an hour later the same day I was sent to interview with two hiring managers.

That interview was great, and they requested my references. I thought i was going to get the job but two months later ended up finding out they went with someone else.
    Since they really liked me they sent me to interview with another department and I got the job! Two months but I'm finally in !

Tips:
    -These are behavioral interviews, so they want to know about diff scenarios and they want you to be VERY detailed. They are really looking for personality and how you will work with patients/physicians so if you know you'll be nervous take some time to prep on my questions and you'll do great
    -As with any interview, do some research on MSKK because they asked me in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time you encountered a problem/failed at something. What did you do to get through it?
      Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.
      Why are you interested in MSKCC?
      Tell me about a time where you took initiative.
      What do you do when you're stressed/how would someone know if you were stressed? (pro tip: they shouldnt know!!)
      Talk about a time you gave outstanding/above average customer service.
      Tell me about a time a supervisor gave you feedback you didn't agree with.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, pre determined salary and benefits.

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online , I received a call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist within a week or two. Video based interview took approximately 30 minutes, my interviewer was very kind and patient with me. I was offered an in person interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have went above and beyond for a patient?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

POA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in January 2017.

Interview

short and easy. the interviewer was friendly and did not ask many difficult questions. they were easygoing and open to the answers i was going. the interviewer was quite conversational

Research Study Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I got a call from Talent Acquisition and was told that they were interested. I had not applied for this specific listing but I have applied for other RSA listings. The interview took some time to get because the department had not gotten back yet about to them about a time that they were free. I did well on the first interview and was told that I would have the second interview about 15 minutes later at the conclusion of the first interview. The second interview questions were a lot of "tell us a time where" questions. I did like how you meet the whole team of immediate higher-ups during the interview. I received an email that I did not receive the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you got the team back on track   Answer Question