Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (Basking Ridge, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via webcam, then another meeting in person on location (two interviews), and later another interview with the physician I'd be working with. Interview questions were behavioral based and difficult to quickly answer. Physician asked me "When can you start?" After leaving that interview I thought I had pretty much had the job, but came to find out another candidate was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What's a word used to describe you that was surprising?   Answer Question

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very decieving and unprofessional. I received a phone screen at first which seemed harmless enough. One week later I receive an email requesting an in person meeting with very inflexible dates and times. To meet this requirement I had to use a vacation day from my current position. I receive a mass email which was sent to all interviewers on the day before my email reminding me that I would be meeting with a Director and the HR Generalist. Upon arrival there are 4 additional interviewers. Furthermore, the team informs me that the job I applied for would be for off hour shifts. Very unprofessional to not list that little bit of knowledge in the description for the posting. After finishing the interview I am informed they still have weeks of interviews left, which means there was no rush in the first place for me I make this interview. I still have not heard anything back and this has been a month. I am very upset with the whole process and would never recommend anyone who is marketable to apply through this hospital.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform a risk assessment?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to support team members?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a team member or direct report that is not meeting their quota.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

It was smooth, and everyone was friendly from HR to the hiring manager. Be ready to answer situational questions and how you fit in the department. I heard back from HR in two weeks. Goodluck!

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to for an interview within 2 weeks, had an interview with someone from HR, then a project manager, and finally a physician. Interview process took a week, and 5 references were required.

Application

Interview

They called me and had a phone interview with HR. After that a week later I had recieved a call to get an in person interview. Pretty straightforward, asked a series of situational questions. Took about 30-40 minutes. Two people ask you questions. Just send a proper email

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future   1 Answer

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very long. I was worried towards the end. I almost gave up, but when you realize how far you've come it motivates you to keep going. I did a total of 4 interviews. The last one is the easiest because the doctor only wants to get to know you. Once you pass the interviews with the recruiter, 2 admin coordinators, and submit your 5 references, the job is about 90% in your hands. You only have to tell the doctor and their nurse about your job and school history. The interview with the admin coordinators was LONG, but I did not feel it because I knew I was qualified, and that's what they want to see if you have what it takes to be a part of the team. They ask several behavioral questions, so be prepared to give examples for each question. Believe it or not, glass door helped me get the job, I studied the questions other people posted. Most of them are the same. DO RESEARCH ON THE HOSPITAL AS WELL. Even if you only know when MSKCC was first founded, and who they were founded by. Good luck!

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Set up interview with Talent Acq. and went through a few basic behavioral questions. Then once this was finished, took a shuttle across town to the office for the specific department where I met with two supervisors then the research manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation when you have conflicting orders from a supervisor vs. PI?   1 Answer

Research Study Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online through a college recruiting fair and had an in-person interview, which they said was the first step in the hiring process for Spring 2018 college graduates. Had the second interview a few months later.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you worked with other members of your team, all of whom had different perspectives, to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Not difficult, easy-going. Interviewer was very accommodating and helpful in answering any questions about the position that I had. Also, interviewer was very clear about what my duties and responsibilities would be.

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately directed towards the assessment test. Answered questions that asked about previous job, basically trying to figure out your attitude and demeanor during your former job(s). Received an email a couple days later politely saying that the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• To what extent would your manager describe you as a team player?   Answer Question