Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

262 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very decieving and unprofessional. I received a phone screen at first which seemed harmless enough. One week later I receive an email requesting an in person meeting with very inflexible dates and times. To meet this requirement I had to use a vacation day from my current position. I receive a mass email which was sent to all interviewers on the day before my email reminding me that I would be meeting with a Director and the HR Generalist. Upon arrival there are 4 additional interviewers. Furthermore, the team informs me that the job I applied for would be for off hour shifts. Very unprofessional to not list that little bit of knowledge in the description for the posting. After finishing the interview I am informed they still have weeks of interviews left, which means there was no rush in the first place for me I make this interview. I still have not heard anything back and this has been a month. I am very upset with the whole process and would never recommend anyone who is marketable to apply through this hospital.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform a risk assessment?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to support team members?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a team member or direct report that is not meeting their quota.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to for an interview within 2 weeks, had an interview with someone from HR, then a project manager, and finally a physician. Interview process took a week, and 5 references were required.

Session Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

They called me and had a phone interview with HR. After that a week later I had recieved a call to get an in person interview. Pretty straightforward, asked a series of situational questions. Took about 30-40 minutes. Two people ask you questions. Just send a proper email

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future   1 Answer

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very long. I was worried towards the end. I almost gave up, but when you realize how far you've come it motivates you to keep going. I did a total of 4 interviews. The last one is the easiest because the doctor only wants to get to know you. Once you pass the interviews with the recruiter, 2 admin coordinators, and submit your 5 references, the job is about 90% in your hands. You only have to tell the doctor and their nurse about your job and school history. The interview with the admin coordinators was LONG, but I did not feel it because I knew I was qualified, and that's what they want to see if you have what it takes to be a part of the team. They ask several behavioral questions, so be prepared to give examples for each question. Believe it or not, glass door helped me get the job, I studied the questions other people posted. Most of them are the same. DO RESEARCH ON THE HOSPITAL AS WELL. Even if you only know when MSKCC was first founded, and who they were founded by. Good luck!

Session Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Not difficult, easy-going. Interviewer was very accommodating and helpful in answering any questions about the position that I had. Also, interviewer was very clear about what my duties and responsibilities would be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the listing on indeed, applied through the site, got a call within the next week and set up an interview. The initial interview was with HR and then I was sent to be interviewed by some of the department heads, which took about an hour. After going home and radio silence for a few days I was asked to go in for one more interview with some of the physicians. Soon after that, I got a call for a job offer, which I accepted

Interview Questions

• HR asked a lot of "describe a situation where _____ and what did you do? Everyone else really grilled me about my skills and experience, but overall it was a pleasant experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked through email to set up a phone interview 2+ weeks after submitting an application. After a phone interview I was asked to come in to interview with HR and then to the department of clinic managers for that specific are I applied to

Interview Questions

• What was something you have accomplished in your current job that you are most proud of   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone interview after submitting an online application. Moved forward with an In person interview with one of the managers on the unit I was applying for. Spent about 15 minutes talking about the manager's personal life. Wish I was Interviewed by a different individual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

About two weeks ago I applied through MSKCC job portal and got a call the following day saying they wish to have an in-person interview with me. Then the next following day I went to their HR office and had the interview with their HR department at Midtown 3rd Ave.

The interviewer was quite friendly and asked me several questions (which all are irrelevant to jobs but rather focus on personality) and introduced me about the what is the task function, where is the primary location for the position, as well as the pros and cons of the job. Quite useful!

By the way, the Salary for this position is $21/hour, approximately 42k/year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your group has an argument and how you managed to solve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you're under severe pressure   Answer Question
    • How do you see yourself in 5 years? / What's your plan in the near future? / Do you plan to pursue a Ph.D. in the future?   Answer Question
    • Why research?   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was with all the higher-ups. Then I met with all the members of the laboratory, I would be working on with on a daily basis. I was in the room 4 for hours and no lunch was given at all or asked for water/coffee. So I was exhausted by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• STAR method questions. And a lot about what types of techniques you had used in your previous jobs. Also, some behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question