Memorial Sloan Kettering Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with Tashia from recruiting and Janine the unit manager, it was like a competition on who could be nicer. They ask a bunch of questions to see if you're the right fit for MSK.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan Kettering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I contacted HR recruiter and scheduled an interview to meet with HR and the nurse manager of the floor I was interested in working on. This was all done over email.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in May 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a nurse recruiter asking very basic questions. Then went in to interview first with the nurse recruiter. Next I interviewed with the Nurse Manager of the unit. Then was invited back to do an "observational interview" where I spent two hours on the unit and met briefly with the manager afterwards. I was told I would receive a call the next week about their decision. I never received a call, called and left a message with the nurse recruiter & manager, no one called back. I finally learned the position was filled by talking to someone in HR who looked it up in the computer. Very unprofessional way of handling not being offered the position, especially since I was traveling each time from out of state.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current manager your biggest weakness what would she say.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in October 2012.

Interview

Started as traveling nurse interview in person with manager of the Urgent care. As a traveling nurse I got very familiar with the hospital and decided I wanted to become staff.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 separate interviews which seems to be the minimum. I know people who had 3 separate interviews before they were hired. I was not referred by anyone working there but most of my coworkers were referred by employees.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about relevant work experience. Type of unit or patient population I was interested in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a nurse manager and several nurses specialists. They asked me about my past experiences, why nursing and why MSKCC. Then several questions about problem solving: co-workers, patients, etc. Also several specific questions about nursing. They were very knowledgeable, but also very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

entry-level nurse. no negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in September 2011.

Interview

After receiving my resume from an employee a recruiter called me and asked a few basic questions. He was very friendly. He asked if I could come in for a 1:1 interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were really stressed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. New grad