Memorial Sloan Kettering Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process included talking with 3-4 employees. The employees were very respectful, encouraging, and determined to incorporate talent onto their team. They assessed your ability to work in a team environment stressing professional talents, such as time management, analytic ability, and communication.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself in a team environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan Kettering

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

There's a pre-interview in which they ask questions pertaining the job position. The interviewer will also ask about past experience or if you have any experience with data input.

Interview Questions

• Why MSKCC? What do you know about the position? Why research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview in a mass interview program. The lady research coordinator was very nice and receptive; however, the guy who was a previous RA was very rude and did not seem to pay attention to the answers I was giving during the interview. No one reached out to me about my application status - even after I contacted them personally by email.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Asked for my resume. Seemed impressed with my GPA, but were full for the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Not the ideal interview experience.

I spoke on the phone with HR immediately after a current employee referred me. I had a brief interview with HR to discuss general details about the position and company. Afterwards, I had to go to a second campus and interview with the program manager. She was lovely and asked me to come in and speak with two more people, including the Dr. Later, I interviewed with the Research Coordinator and was asked a slew of general, behavior type questions from a guide. At my interview with the doctor, I learned she was out of the country. They let me speak with a current research assistant. She was insightful about the position pros and cons and it was honestly a helpful exchange. I set up another interview with the doctor and she mentioned the next step would be meeting more staff.

HR contacted me the next week to say that they were continuing ahead with other candidates, but that he wanted me to interview with different departments. I had two "blitz" interviews, where I met with up to three departments at a time. From one of the blitz interviews, I spoke with the incoming head doctor and followed up with the Clinical Research Coordinator.

A month later, HR sent an email saying the position was filled.

While I did feel HR was genuinely interested in adding me to the company, I felt really pulled around with the many interviews I had. At the end of the day, I had 8 interviews with MSK with varied departments/people, and in different buildings. That's a lot of time, stress, and energy spent to not get offered a position.

Interview Questions

• During a blitz interview with multiple departments, "why do you want to work with us?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Just asked one or two really basic questions. Was with a recruiter and only took a few minutes. Just be prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from a HR person about my resume which I had submitted almost 3 months earlier. I was asked a few simple questions about my academic experience and career goals and why I was interested in working there. Then I was asked to come in to an interview in person at the HR department. Again, simple questions about my college experience and career goals. The HR person then said they would see if any research managers had needs that fit my interests. Overall the interview was easy, though very vague as I wasn't actually speaking with a person I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to go to your college? Why did you chose your major?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I got an initial phone interview and was able to talk to the research manager for about an hour. Questions included my college experience, language skills, analysis skills. Then I was asked to wait for HR to have the an on-site interview.