Memorial Sloan Kettering Research Study Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Research Study Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call from Talent Acquisition and was told that they were interested. I had not applied for this specific listing but I have applied for other RSA listings. The interview took some time to get because the department had not gotten back yet about to them about a time that they were free. I did well on the first interview and was told that I would have the second interview about 15 minutes later at the conclusion of the first interview. The second interview questions were a lot of "tell us a time where" questions. I did like how you meet the whole team of immediate higher-ups during the interview. I received an email that I did not receive the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you got the team back on track   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan Kettering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Talent Acquisition Specialist first introduced me to the position. Asked a few questions and then had me visit my direct supervisors for the position. They were very friendly and welcoming. I realized they do not pass you on to the next meeting with direct supervisors unless you have impressed the Talent Acquisition Specialist. They said the next step will be to meet with a Doctor in the field and then basic HR follow-up.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
      Why research?
      What would your previous research professor say about you?
      What would he say you need to practice more?
      A time you went above and beyond to help someone.
      A time you worked with a diverse group.
      Three qualities you look for in a supervisor.
      How do you handle deadlines?
      If you were buddied up, how would you deal with a buddy that doesn't contribute?
      Why is this position right for you?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in July 2016.

Interview

I applied by a recommendation. i had a phone interview first where they asked me basic questions like why msk? why research? my experience with data analysis and why cancer research. after that i received an email for an onsite interview where i met with the Hr that previously interviewed me. she asked me again some of the same questions and prepared me for the hiring manager by asking some behavioral questions. then i walked to a new location where i sat down with 3 manager and was explained a little bit about the position and asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you solved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple steps, first with hiring manager, then research manager, and finally with the PI. After meeting witht he PI I was told that they went with another candidate. After which the hiring manager told me I can interview for another department. The same thing happened, and now she has asked me again if I would like to continue interviewing... so I have no idea what they are doing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

phone call with HR. In person interview with HR and study team. If they like you, they send you to interview with one of the service's doctors. Mostly a behavioral interview, lots of questions on how you'd handle hypothetical situations/what you'd prioritize.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The first step is the Talent Agent, who will call you and ask you a list of questions, then you will be asked to come in. This is where you meet the hiring manager speak with her and then go to the supervisors. They say if interested, you will be called in for round 2 interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/ weaknesses?
      Why MSKCC?
      Describe a time you made a mistake and how you dealt with?
      Past experiences (resume)?
      Future goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

I wen through about 5 interviews to get the job. The first was with HR and then with my direct supervisor and then with manager and the with the PI. The interviews with the direct manager was the longest. PI was short and sweet.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was expedited for me because I was referred by an active employee at the time. However, although I didn't get the initial position I interviewed for, they were helpful with getting me in with the right fit based on my experiences. As such, this took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about health related experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was actually very quick and engaging. They contacted me through email and asked to pick a time that worked well for me. It was basically an exploratory conversation to discuss your background and future goals.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to meet with HR for an initial interview (rep said they usually have phone interview first, but they were in a rush to hire for this position), she liked me and sent me to meet with 4 supervisors on the main campus only an hour later (did not expect this as I was scheduled only for an interview with her that day). Had to come back twice after that to meet with CRM and two PIs, including the deputy director of the whole department. Filled out a survey of five references and was offered the job shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and how would I, as your manager, know if you were stressed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you handled a group conflict.   Answer Question