Memorial Sloan Kettering Session Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Session Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online MKS careers on 2/4/2017 and I just heard back from them today 4/4/2017. I got an email saying I met the minimum qualifications for this position and that I have to complete an online assessment next. I am about to start this process online.

Interview Questions

• I am about to start online assessment process online. Not interviewed yet.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan Kettering

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then I had an interview with HR. The interview with HR consisted of a few behavioral questions and questions based on my skills and work experience. A few days later, I interviewed with two Session Assistant Supervisors. That interview went extremely well. They were very nice and down to earth. PREPARE ANSWERING BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!! If you do not prepare, you will waste time thinking of work related scenarios. I was well prepared for this. They checked my references and I received an offer the next day. Overall, this was a great experience and I'm honored to be with such a great organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with a coworker while working in a group   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Submitted application and got an email a few days later to complete an Online assessment. Then a Phone interview that lasted approximately 15 minutes. Two in person interviews. The first lasted more than an hour. As for the second only several minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level. No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR representative, who asked me questions related to my background. I was then asked to wait for a hiring manger. The hiring manager asked me a series of questions relating to my behavior on the job and how I relate to others.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you were asked to complete a project and you missed the deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview is a packet of impersonal and redundant behavioral questions but the interviewers want you to be as specific as possible in drawing examples. It is a test of how well you can tell a story that sells yourself very well. Definitely prepare stories but also prepare to tell a story on the spot. Be charismatic.

Interview Questions

• How do I know if you are stressed? Name a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 3 days after. I had only the phone interview. The person only asked me questions; what do I know about the company? Have I ever worked with a team? And have I ever go above and beyond for a job/something etc? I got an email the week after stating that they decide to go with someone else but I think it was not fair since it was only 3 questions.

Session Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview process starts with the HR representative. If you pass that interview, you will be asked to see the supervisors. A good set of questions were asked during the interview with the managers so make sure to review the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty common like why do you want to work at Sloan and tell me a time you have to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Interview

The process itself is a well-oiled machine. You will see HR first for a screening and then have 1-2 more interviews with the supervisors at the location you will be working.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

You start with interview with HR and if you move on you meet with two department managers and interview with the two of them at once. Then you move on to interview with the building administrator.

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Was referred for the position by a current employee. The next day I received a 5 - 10 minute phone call from the recruiter. He asked about why I chose healthcare, why did I want to work for MSKCC, college major, etc. Scheduled an face to face interview with the recruiter, he asked basic Behavioral questions (they want you to be very specific), the interview was very laid back and comfortable.

I was scheduled for an interview the next day with two hiring managers at the main hospital. The interview was about 40 minutes, they also asked behavioral and situation questions, but they were very in depth. I'd suggest you prepare about 5 or 6 stories that you can immediately and fluently talk about on the spot.

After that interview I was told to wait in a waiting room to see if I made it to the next and final interview with another hiring manager. This interview was very short (15-20 mins), she asked an additional 5 or 6 questions, some behavioral and some about past experiences. Overall the interview process was great; don't get nervous and practice, practive, practice!

Interview Questions

• What is a personality trait of yours that others might misinterpret?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.