Memorial Sloan Kettering Session Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Memorial Sloan Kettering Session Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from recruiter a few days later, had a phone interview, and a skype interview, now flying out for a in person interview. Good experience so far.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral- tell a time you worked with a difficult person   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan Kettering

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

They called me and had a phone interview with HR. After that a week later I had recieved a call to get an in person interview. Pretty straightforward, asked a series of situational questions. Took about 30-40 minutes. Two people ask you questions. Just send a proper email

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Not difficult, easy-going. Interviewer was very accommodating and helpful in answering any questions about the position that I had. Also, interviewer was very clear about what my duties and responsibilities would be.

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately directed towards the assessment test. Answered questions that asked about previous job, basically trying to figure out your attitude and demeanor during your former job(s). Received an email a couple days later politely saying that the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• To what extent would your manager describe you as a team player?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online MKS careers on 2/4/2017 and I just heard back from them today 4/4/2017. I got an email saying I met the minimum qualifications for this position and that I have to complete an online assessment next. I am about to start this process online.

Interview Questions

• I am about to start online assessment process online. Not interviewed yet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a brief 10 minute call with the Hiring Manager, than a Skype call with them, then an in-person interview with two managers followed immediately by an interview with the building manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to take a different approach with a client than you had previously expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through MSK's career opportunities. Two and a half week later received an email from a talent acquisition specialist and ask me to set up a phone interview. Three days later i was interview with the same TAS on the phone for about 10 minutes. A week later, the TSA emailed me about the on-site interview regarding to the available time. My on-site interview was scheduled one week later. It was in the HR department with a TAS. TAS was very professional and asked me about some questions for about half hours. Then I was sent home. She said she would contact me about the results. One week later, she emailed to tell me that they are considering other candidates. I was never able to make to the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website and was phone screened by a recruiter about a day later. After the phone screen I did not hear anything from the recruiter for about three to four weeks. The recruiter reached out to me via email explaining that she was sorry she had not contacted me in so long and that she has new interview slots available for the role. She also asked me to do a video interview with her before meeting with the hiring managers and gave me some feedback on the role in which i was going to be interviewed for. After the skipe interview, I arrived to the in person interview 30 minutes early and was seen about an hour later. (I assumed my patience was being tested). I was interviewed by two of the hiring managers and was asked a series of behavioral "STAR" method questions. After the interview, The hiring managers gave me a sheet explaining the role again and different roles I would be eligible to apply for in the future. I was asked to have a seat in the waiting area and about five minutes later was told that the recruiter will reach out to me in about a week to let me know the next step in the hiring process. I honestly feel lost in a way because the two "hiring managers" that interviewed me didn't know that the recruiter was an actual recruiter and called her a hiring manager. I really dont think that they need anymore staff. I declined because i feel that they are over staffed with session Assistants and that can be very difficult in the future (fighting for hours) Also your not considered an employee to the hospital until your sixth month in. (The reason i declined)

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you go about handling it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever applied a different style to your own OR have you ever had your style applied to someone else's style? (This question was easy for me) (I used writing skills and mathematical formulas to mess with their heads)   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through school career services. Received phone call the following week for informal interview. Was called back for in-person interviews scheduled for the following week. The first interview was with a representative with HR. Then there was a second round with who ended up being my supervisor. Following that there was an interview with some executives from the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond in a customer service role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then I had an interview with HR. The interview with HR consisted of a few behavioral questions and questions based on my skills and work experience. A few days later, I interviewed with two Session Assistant Supervisors. That interview went extremely well. They were very nice and down to earth. PREPARE ANSWERING BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!! If you do not prepare, you will waste time thinking of work related scenarios. I was well prepared for this. They checked my references and I received an offer the next day. Overall, this was a great experience and I'm honored to be with such a great organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with a coworker while working in a group   Answer Question