Men's Wearhouse Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Men's Wearhouse Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Men's Wearhouse

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Men's Wearhouse (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

When applying be sure to do your research and apply for the position you want, regardless if they say it's available or not. I started as a p/t CSA and had to fight to work my way to Assistant Store Manager. They can pay you very well, but they will always try to give you the lowest offer they can first time around. Stand your ground and you will get what you ask, as long as you can show what you're worth.

Interview Questions

• You may be asked to put a stack together with very little guidance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said there was no room for negotiating my initial offer, yet after about a week of emails and then a face to face meeting, I was able to get my base raised $1/hour. Which to me was a significant difference. It's not exactly what I wanted, but I count it as a win.

Other Interview Reviews for Men's Wearhouse

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in October 2012.

Interview

Easy interview for me - I was recruited to work for the company so it was more them telling me about the job. However, I conducted a lot of interviews for the company. It is personality based. If you can make small talk and be confident, you have a job. It is harder for wardrobe consultants than CSAs.

Wardrobes: you must be able to sell. Don't be surprised if you are asked to sell something on the spot. Give it your best effort. MW provides excellent sales training so just prove that you are a people person.

CSAs: it's all about personality. If you love weddings, this is a great job/interview technique.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

CSAs and management can negotiate pay. Wardrobe consultants get the same base pay no matter what.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Men's Wearhouse (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process , tell about yourself, experience and personality. Make sure to be well dressed for the role.

Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Men's Wearhouse (Capitola, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Scouted at a mall by the District Manager and asked to come in and meet the Regional Manager.
    I was interviewed the next day and was offered the position the following day.
    It was pleasant and very encouraging.
    I was dressed appropriately with a sport coat and dress slacks.
    Answered questions cheerfully and honestly.

They made me a offer I couldn't refuse.

Interview Questions

• What does Management / Leadership mean to me?
      Where do I want to be in 5 years?
      How do I feel working in Santa Cruz / Capitola?
      If I could change one thing in my life right now what would it be?
      When can I start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Men's Wearhouse (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager loves to speak. He basically interviewed himself. He was more or less a car salesman in the sense he promises the world and under delivers. Accepting their offer was the worst decision of my career. Total waste of two years. Stay home and collect unemployment instead and you'll make more money