Menards Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

Filled out an application - got a call within a week. Went in for an interview with an HR representative. Very standard questions. Met with the store manager and just got asked about my experience. Got a call 2 days later with an offer. One of the easiest processes I have encountered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve the situation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Cicero, IL).

Interview

had a phone interview. It was a very basic interview. The interview just the standard interview questions. This position is more on the recommendation of your current general manager. It will either be a phone interview or in person. The GM and the HR manager will be there to ask you all of the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Cortland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Group interviews were very unprofessional. They make you throw yourself and others under the bus by asking questions which do not pertain to the job at hand. They want you to be trained and yet do not train appropriately.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose who should get the job out of the other applicants, who would you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Escanaba, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Menards (Escanaba, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

More intense than you would expect for a retail job, which is a good thing because they invest in their employees and want to make sure they are picking the right ones for the job.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide you wanted to work here? What can you do for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Iowa City, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Met at a job fair and then had a phone call and then a final in person interview at the store. Was a very non-itimidating interview, the manager was quite relaxed. Compared to other companies, this was my easiest interview.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

I sat with the store manager and department manager and discussed the position and its responsibilities and any questions that we had.

Interview Questions

• How I would expect to manage people I had worked with previously or who had more experience than myself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Only one interview. Was asked questions such as how I handle agitated guests, how I lead others, why Menards, if I can handle stress, and if I like to work hard. Interview wasn't very private; held in an open air cubicle where you can hear everything going on around you. Seems like a good place to start a managing career in retail.

Interview Questions

• How would your current manager describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary isn't negotiable, only the date you can start, in which they were flexible.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was in the cattle call... Basic one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer of a position at a base starting rate period.

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Homewood, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

Very simple. I talked to the store manager when dropping off application and resume. I had an interview 4 days later. The interview was with store manager and HR coordinator. Questions were about previous work experience and education. I had to go to the hospital and get a drug test. Once my drug test results came back, I was hired the beging of the following week.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to handle working and going to school.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dolton, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Dolton, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Company required applicants to fill out applications on Menard career services. If applicant fits requirements, the applicant must meet with store manager to discuss skills and knowledge of position and years in particular field. If already an employee for Menards, the employee must inquire with top-level management in the store and interviewed at another location for position.

Interview Questions

• As a female manager, will you be able to handle the work load presented to male counterparts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position paid several dollars an hour more.