Menards Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

1.9

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It a pretty easy process, applied online and got called few days later and scheduled me for a interview. 2 people interviewed me and got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Menards in February 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at a table, looked over my application, asked my interview questions, and then I had 2 other managers come after the first interviewer and they ask me more questions but it was only one person at a time

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Racine, WI).

Interview

A fairly typical interview. I mostly interviewed with the HR person and halfway through they had the front end manager ask me some questions. But I've heard of people having HR and a GM sit and interview people.

Interview Questions

• They asked how long I planned to stay with the company, they cared a lot about how punctual I was to previous jobs and my reasons for calling in or being late in the past. They asked me why I wanted to leave my other jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Elkhorn, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. This was my first job interview and first job. I applied in person, and scheduled in person for two days later. It was a 1 on 1 interview with no followups. For the interview she had a list of questions from which she asked about 15 questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a flat tire on the way to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Fremont, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and set up an interview for the next day. I went in for the interview and got the job right away. I started the job a week after I got screened for drugs.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you got a flat tire on the way to work?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Applied in person, was asked to come in for an interview. Came in for interview, was given a pre interview questioner and then had short one on one interview. Interview was very straightforward and easy, interviewer was very nice. Was instructed to got in for a drug test before employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Relaxed interview. Started with questionnaire. Then the interview. Only interviewed by one person, I was surprised at that. Went over my application from online. Asked about my experience. Told me all about the job & what it pays during the week & more on weekends. Offered me the job after.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my previous employment. Why did I want to work at Menard's. Describe myself in five words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Crystal Lake, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was an extremely casual interview. Asked me the typical questions but they basically hired me after I got the interview and was given the paperwork to get a drug test that same day. Then I got a call a few days later to show up for training. Overall it was an extremely easy and casual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Cloud, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic process. Went to one of there job fairs and filled out an app and gave it to them and waited. Got called up interviewed and sat back down. Got interviewed again.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Portage, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by an assistant store manager and asked about my employment background. He wanted to know how much experience I had as a front end associate, and would I be comfortable working in a Big Store environment.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been thinking about working at the store.   Answer Question