Menards Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Department Manager Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Very laid back. Interviewed with Store manager and he pretty much talked about who I have worked with. Lots of product knowledge questions and he was very pleasant the whole time, Liked to joke about a lot of stuff and made it a very relaxed situation. got offered the job about 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

You have to be persistent. The HR person and/or GM's generally don't call back - they're too busy if its the GM and too lazy if they're the HR most times.) I stopped about once a week for 3 weeks (by the way, dress nice. Many people come in dressed to go jogging , play basketball, etc. LOOK PROFESSIONAL because 80% of your competitors will not. And bring a pen and a resume or short summary sheet because 95% of the people are not prepared). and got a call to be a management trainee. Have to have a college degree but the premium for the degree is a pittance.

Anyway they want a certified copy of your college transcript (guess there's a lot of lying going on.) You fill out a questionnaire about stealing, drugs, etc. Think I had 2 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Crap, I can't remember anything that stood out. I guess what do you want to be in 5 years. Since I'm not John Menard's kid, I guess President of the Company was out of the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HA HA HA!!! "Here's what we pay." Couldn't negotiate vacation, hourly rate, zippo. Take it or leave it.