Menards Human Resource Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Human Resource Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Menards

2.7

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Saw the job board online and went in the store. Had to complete an application there. A week later they called for a first interview. It was pretty easy, basic interview questions. Offered me the job on the second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Well thought out interview. Good relevant questions. The company has a great process in place for the HR dept to follow. Well oiled machine. Great place to get HR experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Antioch, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The position was posted online on craigslist with a brief description of required duties and expectations. It was listed with compensation 'to be discussed at time of interview'. I submitted my resume, as well as a cover letter detailing why I felt my slightly incongruent experience would still make me a good candidate for the position. I was called the next day, within 24 hours, requesting me to come in to the store and interview with the GM the following day. I have a BS in unrelated fields with no HR experience whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Relatively straight forward interview questions - what do you know about menards? What do you know about HR? How do you feel like your experience in unrelated fields could be an asset?   Answer Question

After what I felt to be a great interview, the GM stated that the highest possible he could pay for this position was $11/hr. Considering the position REQUIRED a BA/BS, as well as a work load typical of much higher paying positions, I declined. Multiple attempts at negotiation were declined, as the GM had no power to change this number whatsoever. He even said I'd been one of the top interviewees he's spoken to in 20+ years with the company and were I to accept the position there could be possibility for corporate promotion within the year, but at $11/hour for what they were requiring, I was borderline insulted. Seemed to be a wonderful, caring manager as well as a great company to work for, but I absolutely could not accept.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Submit application that is reviewed with a GM or HR, reviewed by management staff, called in for interview at which point they either make the hiring decision on the spot or call back for a second interview. Starting usually within a week unless there is other information required.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any animal to discribe yourself, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is not an option for this company everything is based on a set pay scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Saginaw, MI) in June 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed by the current HR Coordinator, Store Manager and Ast. Store Manager. They asked basic interview questions such as; tell me about yourself, what would you do in conflict situations with fellow employees and or customers.

Interview Questions

The pay was horrible. $11.00 an hour. Super long hours, working till 10 pm 2 nights a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Menards (New York, NY).

Interview

The manager was ill-prepared to conduct interviews. As an HR professional I felt like I wanted to be the coach rather than the candidate. He was wearing his earpiece and was regularly interrupted by the sales floor during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a role that typically last six months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Menards (Big Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Fast process. Applied online Monday, got a call from GM on Tuesday, interviewed Friday, was notified Monday that the position had been filled by another candidate. The entire process only took one week.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, favorite and least favorite job. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

I understood the questions were directed at finding out if I was rigid about employment laws and employee rights. One should really know company policy and how their store manager views policy. An HRC will not learn how to correctly apply employment laws in their experience at Menards.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle managers or employees who went against company policy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Warren, MI).

Interview

Submitted an application online and received a phone call for an interview the next day. The interview was more personality based. I thought it went well. I was asked to provide the Work Number report of my past jobs. The interview was towards the end of the work week so the time I was able to access it on the next business day, the company promoted within. I'm not sure why they could not verify my work history. Bring your own job history report to the interview.