Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

371 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Massillon, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

After making me wait for 30 minutes past, even though I had arrived early, the store manager didn't understand the difference between a contractor and an employee when he asked about my work experience. He was too difficult to talk to, didn't understand anything I said which was evident by the bewildered look he kept giving me when he did look at me. Poor eye contact, weak hand shake, kept staring at the table and flipping pages randomly. Gave me the impression that he was completely inexperienced at even giving a simple interview. I'm sorry I wasted the fuel to go.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pertaining to if you used drugs, approved of stealing, and participated in fist fights.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews: a 30 minute skype interview to confirm interest and qualification, followed by an in person interview at the job site. The first interview was a review by manager's managers and the HR person, the second interview was by the managers that would be direct supervisors and the HR representative.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Melrose Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview went well. It was very personable and friendly. Mostly geared toward availability and being a team member. Was interviewed by 2 people, the H.R. Representative and the a Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were geared toward how to handle other employees improper work habits.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

It was really easy-going. They are a for-profit company so they want to know how you will help make money. They provided great training and everything was awesome. They value safety, passion for excellence and continuous improvement.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It a pretty easy process, applied online and got called few days later and scheduled me for a interview. 2 people interviewed me and got the job on the spot.

Receiving Interview

Interview

Went in filled and filled out application and had an interview on the spot. Took a drug test and started two weeks after that. It was pretty easy getting hired.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Green Bay, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. Received a call for interview a few days later. Whole process took about a week and a half. The interview itself was very easy, but the position listing is confusing as this is for a Department Manager position, not store management. The pay offer was the same you can get as a seasonal associate. Filled out a two page questionnaire on ethics in the workplace and agreed to a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? What is your experience?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name two things you would consider strengths. What would you say you need to work on?   Answer Question

IT Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called within a week for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and there were 5 people plus myself. This was followed by 2 hours of testing, followed by a company tour. Staff was very friendly and professional.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Menards in February 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at a table, looked over my application, asked my interview questions, and then I had 2 other managers come after the first interviewer and they ask me more questions but it was only one person at a time

First Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Iowa City, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick discussed pros and cons of the position. The general managers asked if I were to get the position what would i work on first. Had good advice and was a pleasent experience.