Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Bismarck, ND) in March 2014.

Interview

my interviewer had very little patience with me. The interview quickly deteriorated into him simply mocking my enthusiasm to work. The questions were easy to answer but each response I gave was cuffed off as me being a 'Shmoozer.' After he was done ridiculing me and my professional appearance, he reluctantly took me back to HR to get the ball rolling

Interview Questions

• Why did you submit three applications? What gives you the right?   2 Answers

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Sandusky, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty basisc and easy took a total of about an hour this was including getting the forms for the drug test and that set up fully. The questions where pretty basic asked about passed experiences, what I am looking for, Why Mernards, and then there where a few not so basic ones as well. In addition to the normal questions and such I was told to figure out where I would like to go placement wise with in the company and a few other items as well. Over all it is a great program!

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview took about an hour. He asked basic interview questions and availability. He was very friendly and I felt very comfortable during the whole process. I would recommend applying to this organization if you have a fear of interviews. It was pretty easy.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I first was emailed by a hiring manager and arranged an interview with two of them. I had to set up a time to do an IS aptitude test and a Java test as well. The interview was pretty basic. They went over my transcripts and asked me questions about my classes.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Columbia, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was brought in for an interview later that week. Was not offered a job because they worded the drug test questions very weird, and I accidentally put that I had in fact done drugs in the last 30 days, instead of the opposite.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews: a 30 minute skype interview to confirm interest and qualification, followed by an in person interview at the job site. The first interview was a review by manager's managers and the HR person, the second interview was by the managers that would be direct supervisors and the HR representative.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Traverse City, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

They were curious mostly on my ability to satisfy guest issues, and to take care of them. Customer is what other box stores call them, whereas Menards refers to them as guests.

Interview Questions

• If a guest came into the store and was browsing your area how would you approach them?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Melrose Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview went well. It was very personable and friendly. Mostly geared toward availability and being a team member. Was interviewed by 2 people, the H.R. Representative and the a Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were geared toward how to handle other employees improper work habits.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It a pretty easy process, applied online and got called few days later and scheduled me for a interview. 2 people interviewed me and got the job on the spot.

Java Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview, then I was invited to interview at Menard Inc. in Eau Claire. There was a computerized aptitude test testing general knowledge of computer science skills. This was relatively simple.
    Following the aptitude test was a Java aptitude test that was also computerized. This was very basic Java topics such as primitives, definitions and reserved words. Then I was interviewed by three engineers and the recruiter.
    This interview was seeking detailed information of current school classwork and projects. They asked numerous questions regarding gaps in schooling and employment.

Interview Questions

• What course did I find most challenging?   1 Answer