Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Bismarck, ND) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty basic, they are looking to see where you would fit well. If you appear to have any ability talking to people they will probably put you in sales. If you don't but look like you have some strength then you will probably be put in receiving. If you have neither they will probably make you a cashier.

Interview Questions

• What was a previous job you worked? Have you ever worked in retail before?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews: a 30 minute skype interview to confirm interest and qualification, followed by an in person interview at the job site. The first interview was a review by manager's managers and the HR person, the second interview was by the managers that would be direct supervisors and the HR representative.

First Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Iowa City, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick discussed pros and cons of the position. The general managers asked if I were to get the position what would i work on first. Had good advice and was a pleasent experience.

Management Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards in June 2013.

Interview

Applied via paper application and met with the General Manager and talked about Menards as a company and my previous experiences. Talked about opportunity to promote from within and the structure of the MIT program.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Massillon, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

After making me wait for 30 minutes past, even though I had arrived early, the store manager didn't understand the difference between a contractor and an employee when he asked about my work experience. He was too difficult to talk to, didn't understand anything I said which was evident by the bewildered look he kept giving me when he did look at me. Poor eye contact, weak hand shake, kept staring at the table and flipping pages randomly. Gave me the impression that he was completely inexperienced at even giving a simple interview. I'm sorry I wasted the fuel to go.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pertaining to if you used drugs, approved of stealing, and participated in fist fights.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Traverse City, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

They were curious mostly on my ability to satisfy guest issues, and to take care of them. Customer is what other box stores call them, whereas Menards refers to them as guests.

Interview Questions

• If a guest came into the store and was browsing your area how would you approach them?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Fremont, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and set up an interview for the next day. I went in for the interview and got the job right away. I started the job a week after I got screened for drugs.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you got a flat tire on the way to work?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Melrose Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview went well. It was very personable and friendly. Mostly geared toward availability and being a team member. Was interviewed by 2 people, the H.R. Representative and the a Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were geared toward how to handle other employees improper work habits.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Fremont, NE) in January 2017.

Interview

Super simple and laid back. Started by asking about me and what I've done, and went into some of the details about my past work experience. Not as intimidating as I thought it was going to be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a disgruntled guest (customer)?   Answer Question