Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

1.8

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Menards (Wilson, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Human Resources person. Filled out a form on character and I honesty with regards to company practices on theft, drugs, alcohol. Spent around one hour answering questions and learning about the manager trainee program. Did not meet with the GM. He was on vacation.

Morning Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (West Lafayette, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

applied on line called for interview within 2 to 3 days before christmas. called just before new years to see if position filled. said he had to go over apps with his manager yet. sent 2 email with no response to them.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

Filled out an application - got a call within a week. Went in for an interview with an HR representative. Very standard questions. Met with the store manager and just got asked about my experience. Got a call 2 days later with an offer. One of the easiest processes I have encountered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve the situation   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Menards (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an onsite interview with HR, we met in the store in an open atmosphere - there was not closed of "HR" area. I did not meet with the department manager though we did discuss which departments interested me.

Lumber Yard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant. The HR fellow was extremely open and honest. I appreciate everything that he told me regarding expectations. He was kind of closed about the benefits package. But, I didn't all many folks up questions. I'm excited about going to work. Disappointed in the pay.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back interview. Basic interview questions. If you get called for an interview, as long as you go in there and act like you have some sense you will get the job. One thing to keep in mind... if you want full time, don't tell them you are in school. Weird company policy to not hire college student as full time employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge about power tools.   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Battle Creek, MI).

Interview

First took a psychological test on stealing, drugs, alcohol. Then meet the Store GM with the HR Manager. They asked why I wanted to work there. What I've heard about working there. What I needed to gain by working there. What are my strengths and weaknesses. What department I would fit best in. Why they should hire me. Interview was today so no offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Racine, WI).

Interview

A fairly typical interview. I mostly interviewed with the HR person and halfway through they had the front end manager ask me some questions. But I've heard of people having HR and a GM sit and interview people.

Interview Questions

• They asked how long I planned to stay with the company, they cared a lot about how punctual I was to previous jobs and my reasons for calling in or being late in the past. They asked me why I wanted to leave my other jobs.   1 Answer

Java Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview, then I was invited to interview at Menard Inc. in Eau Claire. There was a computerized aptitude test testing general knowledge of computer science skills. This was relatively simple.
    Following the aptitude test was a Java aptitude test that was also computerized. This was very basic Java topics such as primitives, definitions and reserved words. Then I was interviewed by three engineers and the recruiter.
    This interview was seeking detailed information of current school classwork and projects. They asked numerous questions regarding gaps in schooling and employment.

Interview Questions

• What course did I find most challenging?   1 Answer

Morning Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call the following day, asking me to come in for an in-person interview at the store. Went in for a short in-person interview, and was offered the job on the spot.