Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

1.8

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Menards (Big Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Fast process. Applied online Monday, got a call from GM on Tuesday, interviewed Friday, was notified Monday that the position had been filled by another candidate. The entire process only took one week.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, favorite and least favorite job. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Yardhorse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holiday City, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Holiday City, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Casual. No scripted questions, toured the complex. Sat down answered a few questions then asked a few. Then we did the tour and then he made the offer and we set up an orientation date

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

Meet with human resources and store manager, offered position right away. Watched videos was given large binder for training. Talked about all experience and education needed is a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to provide excellent customer service   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Rockford, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very brief, asked basic interview questions. Tell us about yourself..make sure you know some information about the store. And Why they should hire you. Process took up to a week. Drug test and background check.

Shipping and Receiving Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Wausau, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I had come to them months ahead of time, told them what date I would start employment, and they worked with me and my schedule. I applied in person, and basically that day since I had been referred by a friend who was currently working there, they asked me fairly easy questions. I had no experience with shipping and receiving, but they worked with me so I could be trained at my pace nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that your core values line up with those of Menards?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Traverse City, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

They were curious mostly on my ability to satisfy guest issues, and to take care of them. Customer is what other box stores call them, whereas Menards refers to them as guests.

Interview Questions

• If a guest came into the store and was browsing your area how would you approach them?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The most laid back interview ever. They do hire for attitude over experience, I'll give them that. They promise to train you once you're in but they don't do that well. If your in desperate need of a job and can show up to the interview looking decent and not come across like a complete fool, your basically guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• The only real question is what do you know about Menards and its fine if you say not much.   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Hired on the spot. Nothing to explain. Very basic, didn't care. Just wanted those who could type fast. I mean c'mon, you're just typing your life away and develop carpa tunnels. No ergonomic, no nothing. Lousy company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Pretty basic. Met with HR coordinator and department manager and they asked some questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The company doesn't usually hire managers off the street so most interviews are for entry level positions in the company. When promoting to management I sat down and talked with the store manager and department manager. Overall very informal and laid-back.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crest Hill, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Crest Hill, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call to come in for an interview. They said they were going to have me fill out an application while I was there, so to save time I filled it out online myself. The interview was casual. I met with the HR coordinator and she discussed the position with me. She didn't really ask any "interview" questions.