Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.8

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Interviewing you as a person, if you are friendly and outgoing and motivated to improve, you will likely be hired.
    It's not the skills, but the attitude they are looking for in an individual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Menards?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Cicero, IL).

Building Materials Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Sidney, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Had face to face interview a week later. Interview was laid back and pretty fast. HR lady and two supervisors. Answered short simple questionnaire. Lasted about 20 minutes at most. They were friendly and cordial. They offered me a job right then. Asked me to go take drug test afterwards. Scheduled me for orientation less than a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an interview at the end of the week. I showed up at the store for the interview and they had me fill out a paper application even though I had already filled out the online one and submitted my resume with it. Very basic application with a lengthy survey about how much you enjoy stealing and doing drugs at work. Once I finished that sat down with store manager and HR lady. Manager mostly asked questions about availability and expanding on work history and education. HR lady asked a few questions like biggest strengths, biggest weakness. Store Manager started trying to sell me on Management in training program (which he gets a bonus for signing people up for) but that position only pays 11/hr and requires that you sign a relocation agreement. Then the HR lady gave me the paper work to go do the drug test and they said I could start when I passed the test.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Wichita, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

You can apply online or go in the store to apply. You need to show initiative though and not just assume someone is going to hand you a job. Then they called a couple of days after I applied to set up the interview.

The interview went really well I felt like they liked me. They ask all the usual interview questions but at the end instead of sending me something to tell me I did not get the job they did not contact me. When I contacted them again to see if I had gotten the job the HR lady told me they hired another person, which I was okay with, I asked her what I could have done better in the interview to have gotten the job and instead of giving me feedback she was very rude. All she told me was "We just decided to go with another person" and avoided answering my question so I could improve when applying for other jobs.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Cortland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Group interviews were very unprofessional. They make you throw yourself and others under the bus by asking questions which do not pertain to the job at hand. They want you to be trained and yet do not train appropriately.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose who should get the job out of the other applicants, who would you choose?   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic in nature, and was clearly set up more to weed out bad candidates then narrow down great ones. At times it almost felt like the only way to answer wrong was blatant disregard for the basic responsibility the role would have.

It may give you more options in department selection if you have done hands on work in the past.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was a very basic interview. The interview just the standard interview questions. This position is more on the recommendation of your current general manager. It will either be a phone interview or in person. The GM and the HR manager will be there to ask you all of the questions.

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Usually less than 30 minutes. Department manager and General Manager will usually be involved. If they aren't, you are probably not going to be hired. The more hours you are available to work the better chance you have at employment. You will be asked several questions about past jobs, attendance, transportation and availability.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to Menards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The process involved submitting an online application with a resume, an interview with an HR person to discuss the basics of the job, a brief questionnaire about previous employment history, a personality quiz, and a more in-depth meeting with a Dept. Manager to discuss the program. They also require drug testing.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly concerned about my ability to re-locate to other stores, and possibly out of state, as they plan to expand locations.   1 Answer