Menards Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Green Bay, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. Received a call for interview a few days later. Whole process took about a week and a half. The interview itself was very easy, but the position listing is confusing as this is for a Department Manager position, not store management. The pay offer was the same you can get as a seasonal associate. Filled out a two page questionnaire on ethics in the workplace and agreed to a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? What is your experience?   Answer Question
  • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
  • Name two things you would consider strengths. What would you say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Menards (Wilson, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Human Resources person. Filled out a form on character and I honesty with regards to company practices on theft, drugs, alcohol. Spent around one hour answering questions and learning about the manager trainee program. Did not meet with the GM. He was on vacation.

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Battle Creek, MI).

Interview

First took a psychological test on stealing, drugs, alcohol. Then meet the Store GM with the HR Manager. They asked why I wanted to work there. What I've heard about working there. What I needed to gain by working there. What are my strengths and weaknesses. What department I would fit best in. Why they should hire me. Interview was today so no offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Menards (Racine, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good for me. I applied online, and received a call to come in for an interview about a week later. I don't have a lot of experience in a managerial/supervisory role, and what I did have was from 15 plus years ago. They looked at that experience and my experience working at another company for 15 years and gave me an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What department do you think you would be more comfortable managing?

How long do you see yourself working for Menards?

What made you choose Menards?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The process involved submitting an online application with a resume, an interview with an HR person to discuss the basics of the job, a brief questionnaire about previous employment history, a personality quiz, and a more in-depth meeting with a Dept. Manager to discuss the program. They also require drug testing.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly concerned about my ability to re-locate to other stores, and possibly out of state, as they plan to expand locations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Menards (Hanover Park, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website, 3 months later I was called in for an interview by an Assistant Manager. When you arrive, right before the interview, you have to fill out a 2 page questionnaire on honesty, background check & if you've involuntarily left a job before. The General Manager and Assistant Manager both sat in, the General Manager described the position and asked 2 questions while the Assistant Manager wrote down my answers. The General Manager said the Manager Trainee position was 3 months long @ $12.25 an hour and at the end of the 3 months the pay will raised to $13.00 an hour with the promotion to Assistant Department Manager. When the 3 months of training is up, you get to pick the store you want based on which store needs an Assistant Department Manager. The General Manager then said if the the Assistant Department Manager was meeting and exceeding their expectations, in 6 months they would be promoted to Department Manager. They offered me employment based on me bringing in my college transcripts to prove I had a bachelors in business because it is required for the position.

Interview Questions

Pay was nonnegotiable, thought it was low for someone with a bachelors.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. It was very conversational and the interviewers were very friendly. They asked simple questions and mostly talked about the job overview and work life at Menards. Overall, it was a great interview and I could tell right away how great and friendly everyone is at Menards.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. We went over the basic over view of what a manager trainee does and the advancement opportunities. we discussed some of the benifits, the wages, hours, dress code, etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Miamisburg, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

was very easy , good interaction with the HR manager made me comfortable . A friendly chat to be honest never felt like an interview . Was offered strait away . Happy to be working at menards .

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Short and simple. The interviewer called the next day to set up the interview. When I arrived, they explained the position. No questions were asked; I asked all of the questions. I turned down the job because the pay was too low.