Menards Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

1.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Apple Valley, MN).

Interview

Very easy going laid back, great General Manager and Human Resource Manager had first interview with department manager, 2nd with human resource and general manager, questions not to difficult to answer, didnt take long, overall very easy interview that i felt confident in when leaving.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic in nature, and was clearly set up more to weed out bad candidates then narrow down great ones. At times it almost felt like the only way to answer wrong was blatant disregard for the basic responsibility the role would have.

It may give you more options in department selection if you have done hands on work in the past.

Cashier/Stocker/Other Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in person (filled out app in store and turned in right away). It was my first application as I had never had a job before, so no experience but you have to start somewhere right? The actual application was very bland and didn't seem to show any interest in applicant. It does not offer the opportunity to express yourself or why you are applying. I ended up waiting 6 weeks before I took the initiative to call them, I was turned over to HR where they told me to leave a voicemail, my call was returned minutes later and a very rude employee told me they were "gonna pass on the application". After waiting six weeks for a ride phone call I was not impressed. They did not take any time with me to interview or even consider me. My experience as a 16 year old for a first job was very negative and it discouraged me to fill out other apps. SomSomebody I know

Interview Questions

• They didn't take the time to interview me, or even consider me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Cloud, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic process. Went to one of there job fairs and filled out an app and gave it to them and waited. Got called up interviewed and sat back down. Got interviewed again.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Buffalo, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly atmosphere but still professional. The staff made me feel very welcomed and they were extremely understanding of my situation. They asked question in the interview that I hadn't been asked in an interview before so they had caught me off gaurd.

Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Moorhead, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Had interview with both Assistant GMs, was hired that day, and send for drug testing. I got a call back a couple days later offering me a full time position.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Brooklyn Park, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back within 2 days. At the interview you fill out a sheet asking if you think its okay to take drugs. Then I had a one on one interview where I was asked my weaknesses, strengths, why I wanted to work at menards, what kind of experience have I had with volunteer work or small jobs like babysitting (because I have no prior experience). I then got a call back 2 days later to come in and fill in some paperwork for my drug test, took my drug test the next day and the day after that got a call setting up my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience where you felt really proud or accomplished with a job you did?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundas, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Dundas, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

It went smoothly and very brief. The HR was very sufficient and ask a lot of questions to learn about the applicant (myself). She explained the job and that the only position that was available at the time was a cashier. So I told her if they liked me, I would take the position.

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Blaine, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Very kind manager. She had through answers to all of my questions. It was a very comfortable environment. Some basic interview questions but nothing challenging. I would recommend the company just based on the interview experience. Just make sure you are prepared. Obviously the more you are prepped, the easier the interview will seem. I only had to wait 3 days to hear back with an offer and I jubilantly accepted. The only downside is, I have an hour long drive to submit my drug test at a lab with terrible hours for the busy man to attend to in the middle of the week.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from other candidates interviewing for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Flat rate of minimum wage to start with an extra 2 something dollars for weekend hours (weekend incentive pay)

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Only one interview. Was asked questions such as how I handle agitated guests, how I lead others, why Menards, if I can handle stress, and if I like to work hard. Interview wasn't very private; held in an open air cubicle where you can hear everything going on around you. Seems like a good place to start a managing career in retail.

Interview Questions

• How would your current manager describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary isn't negotiable, only the date you can start, in which they were flexible.