Menards Morning Stocker Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Morning Stocker Menards Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Mount Pleasant, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Friday received a call on Monday asking when I could come in for an interview set it up for Wednesday. I came in the hr was very friendly yet very professional had me fill out a short questionnaire sheet. Had me sit in a comfortable room hr asked a couple simple questions, such as where do you see yourself in five years, what are your weaknesses/strengths, etc. I asked a couple questions and was told I'd receive a call within a few days if found fit for the position as they still had other applicants. A little over a week later I received a call and was offered the position asked when I could come in for pre employment testing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Racine, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule an interview and had it within a few days. The interview was done an HR coordinator and A store manager. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. The questions were very simple such as why Menards? How available are you? Where were you previously employed? Why did you leave there?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online with a general application. I received a phone call within four days for an interview. The interview was very general. They ask why you want the job, your prior work history, and any education you may have. It was a very relaxed interview. Two days later they offered me the job. Then another two days later I had to submit a drug screen. After three days I went to orientation and started work the very next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Valparaiso, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application in the store and was called about a week later. I went in for an interview in the store with an HR person. Most of the questions were pretty basic. They asked what part of the store I would like to work in. The interview went well until I asked for more money for my experience in the electrical field. They said everyone gets 8.50 per he no matter what.

Interview Questions

• How many times a week do you smoke Marijuana?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call for an interview. Talked about myself and my experiences. Asked me if I am okay doing manual labor and a few other weed out questions. Hired me on the spot, told me to come in soon and do basic information. Came in and did basic information and then started working. Worked a 9 hour shift the day I went in to do basic information. Pretty not cool

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Interview process went smooth, i got hired on the spot. One thing to warn you they actually call your former employees. I lied on my application and my dates were way off so i ended up not getting the job. Karma strikes again

Interview Questions

i lied on my application

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Muncie, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Sat in back office/ break room. Store manager looked at application. Asked general questions about past employment. I gave short answers to most of the questions. Yes/no. I smiled. He must've thought I was attractive because I was hired even though my answers were crap. I wouldn't have hired me. But he did. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been fired before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Gurnee, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Was hired on the first interview after meeting with Asst. GM and HR Coordinator.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Here's what your wage will be, take it or leave it. For entry-level retail, that's pretty much the standard.

Morning Stocker Menards Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Average interview with HR coordinator and an Assistant Manager. No earthshattering questions, mostly looked over resume & application and shared info and philosophies of the company.

Talked about all the possibilities of training and advancement. Explained that I would need a drug test prior to employment. Left interview to go take drug test, and was offered a postion immediately after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero pay negotiations. Zero schedule negotiations. Everyone (regardless of work ethic, experience, or department/work conditions) makes same low rate. No talk of any schedule for raises, but researched and found out there is a 10 cent raise every 6 months, regardless of performance--just take a test. Guy who spends part of every shift taking a dump while on the clock is certain to get the same raise and treatment as the guy who busts a nut and never slows down, always striving to be better and complete tasks efficiently.