Menards Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

1.4

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

I applied at a time when a paper application was still required to get hired at the store. I filled out the application on site and when I turned it in, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Employee in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Ottumwa, IA).

Interview

They had previous filtered resumes,; group setting, looking for personality potential for working with public, other experiences should be explained in detail. Get the group interview and pass the drug screening then only YOU can not be offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Where and how do you believe you would benefit us the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a called a few days later. I set up an interview and met with two managers and was given a tour of the area I would work in. they were very nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Pretty basic. Met with HR coordinator and department manager and they asked some questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The company doesn't usually hire managers off the street so most interviews are for entry level positions in the company. When promoting to management I sat down and talked with the store manager and department manager. Overall very informal and laid-back.

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Antioch, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was called for interview by HR, interviewed on Thursday by GM, began training on Friday. That GM has since been transferred. Had to put in my 2 weeks for another job that would pay more for full time, when that job laid me off after 2 weeks, I went back to Menards and they said they had no jobs even though a "Now Hiring" sign was posted at the entrance. After 2 months, an assistant called and invited me to a job fair. I had another job by then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an interview at the end of the week. I showed up at the store for the interview and they had me fill out a paper application even though I had already filled out the online one and submitted my resume with it. Very basic application with a lengthy survey about how much you enjoy stealing and doing drugs at work. Once I finished that sat down with store manager and HR lady. Manager mostly asked questions about availability and expanding on work history and education. HR lady asked a few questions like biggest strengths, biggest weakness. Store Manager started trying to sell me on Management in training program (which he gets a bonus for signing people up for) but that position only pays 11/hr and requires that you sign a relocation agreement. Then the HR lady gave me the paper work to go do the drug test and they said I could start when I passed the test.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Short process. Preliminary interview with an assistant manager, then meet with another manager for secondary interview. One on one both times. Very friendly and casual atmosphere. However, little information about prospective job conditions/salaries/benefits was offered. Be prepared to ask your own questions to find out the answers you're looking for. I did not meet direct supervisor(s), but their managers did the interview. They will check your past job history and call for references. You will have to do a drug screening prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your view of what good customer service looks like? What would be the challenges of working in a store this size?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Ann, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Worst company I got interviewed by. I went to their job fair in St. Ann, Mo. I was dressed in a suit and had my resume(keep in mind that I have experience in retail, management, and customer service with clean background.) I fillled out an application and waited 2 hours before being interviewed. I was confident, easy-going, and open-minded. I get a "we will call you" and yet they dont call me for a month, but they hired people who came in interviews with flat bill hats, pants hanging low, etc with no experience. Joke of a company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Went good. The manger Phil was a nice Guy other then the other two. He was respectful and did a good job.. What else do I say it was like all interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat unorganized you almost needed to know someone to get a job that wasn't just the morning stocking crew. Plan to interview in the middle of the a busy store ... process is open so its a little unnerving to have associates eating lunch at the next table while you try to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• they make you take this test of random questions ... they say it does matter - it does - they wont hire you if you fail   Answer Question