Menards Sales Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Sales Team Member Interview Questions

2.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Interviewing you as a person, if you are friendly and outgoing and motivated to improve, you will likely be hired.
It's not the skills, but the attitude they are looking for in an individual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Menards?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Menards (Iowa City, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. I sat in the office with the department manager and the HR rep and it only took about 10 minutes. I felt very comfortable while talking to them. I was given the job on the spot during the interview. I started the interview right away when i got into the store.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about up selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Plainfield, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Walk in, fill out an application, and go home, and then wait for them to call you with an interview date. I got a call the next-day for an interview and got hired on the spot! Menards is always hiring,so don't be afraid to go apply.

I was placed with 1:1 interview with the manager of the department I had applied for. After talking for a little bit, your interviewer will take you for a walk in the department you applied for and asking you a few questions here or there. When that is done, you go back to the office/interview area, the interviewer will ask you if you have any other questions, and then your done! The whole thing feels relaxed and casual. All you're basically doing is getting to know each other better

Interview Questions

• 1) How well do you work with other?
      2) What is your availability?
      3) Do you like evening or morning shifts better?
      4) If (insert problem here) were to happen, how would you fix it?
      5) Do you go to school?
      6) How long do you plan on staying at Menards?
      7) What are your goals/long term goals by working here?
      8) Do you have a reliable source on transportation?
      9) What are your strengths?
      10) What are your weaknesses?
      11) Why Menards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Elkhart, IN).

Interview

I was interviewed in a group setting. We all sat in the office together and went around the table and talked about ourselves, and answered questions that the General Managers asked. After the group interview we were split up into individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What department would you want to work in and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hales Corners, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Hales Corners, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Apply online, they call you up within a week, you come in for the interview, you answer questions in a back room, get the job, take a pee drug test, then come in for orientation

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Menards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy-going, many of the questions were not about the products they sold, but more of how I am with people. Pretty general stuff for a job like this. They also responded to my application about as average as most businesses, it only took about a week and a half. A decent experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

group meeting, went over company policy and sales, then asked us to write down what we think is good sales. then we sat down with the general manager and he explained to us how we would be signing our lives away

Sales Team Member Interview

Interview

I filled out application, they called me in for an interview, i completed the interview, got a call later that day about a drug test, went to complete the drug test, worked the next day

Negotiation

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Getting hired at Menards isn't overly challenging If you have decent interpersonal skills and no or few skeletons in the closet you should be good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Springfield, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quick and to the point. Nothing bad nor good. Questions were a little personal/rough to say the least. The lady seemed nice but was very two faced after a while. Sometimes it's hard to tell a person by how they act. I didn't necessarily enjoy the position I was put in when the other higher up manager came in to see how. Colors changed real quick with the lady.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   1 Answer