Mencap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mencap Interview Questions

Interviews at Mencap

2.9

Relief Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Took almost 4 months, bad thing is that you get paid only at the end of the next month. So you have to work 2 months before you get the money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All based on contract

Relief Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mencap (Southport, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very good, the interview was very in depth, and involved one of the people I now support in the interview, which I found really helpful, as it allowed me to get an insight into the job role through meeting somebody that I now know to be a very strong character in the service,

Interview Questions

• If somebody you were supporting wanted to make a trip to the town centre unaccompanied, how would you support them to do this?   Answer Question

Digital Learning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (Peterborough, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

A phone call with the [in-house] recruiter that lasted around 30 minutes, followed by a Skype video call with the hiring manager, followed by a face-to-face interview at the Peterborough office. Excellent contact throughout. The face to face interview consisted of a role-play presentation followed by competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• There were questions around managing change from a cultural perspective.   Answer Question

Education and Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had a positive experience, they allowed me to take my time, I did not feel rushed at all. The team also helped me by asking different quetsions in order for em to give the answers they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• To give an example of a situation when I had to take decisions by myself.   1 Answer

Community Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Eaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (Long Eaton, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy, I got the feeling they were so desperate for staff that anyone that turned up would get a job offer. It's really sad that this is the state of British social care!

Interview Questions

• How would you provide personal care to a service user to ensure their dignity is maintained   Answer Question

Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

The online application (cv and cover letter) fairly standard. There was meant to be a task given to me to prepare, but no one told me about it and when I showed up on the day of the panel interview, they were surprised no one had mentioned anything. The panel interview was a mix of staff and ex-service users.
    When I wasn´t offered the job, I was provided with zero feedback after having asked several times

Housing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

formal interview, tenant panel and testing, was at head office, with multiple staff as part of the recruitment process. average difficulty / duration. tenant panel was very interesting and enjoyable

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Mencap?   1 Answer

Employability Support Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap.

Interview

Friendly, professional staff. Really took time to discuss the role with me. Had a sercice user interview me as well, which waw nice. I could not accept position due to distance, but seemed a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with challenging behaviour in a class?   Answer Question