Mencap Support Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mencap Support Worker Interview Questions

Interviews at Mencap

2.7

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Excellent. It was very genuine. I was interview by a small panel. They made me comfortable and took time to ensure that I really understood what the question was about. I was nervous as this meant a great deal to me. The informal style helped.

Interview Questions

• Basically about values and how I would approach tasks and the role   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mencap

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap.

Interview

Seemed to vary a lot. Applied to two locations. One did 45 minute skills/experience based interview and then called me back in to meet service users then offered the job. Other did 15 minute interview basically checking I could/would do the job and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What is an occasion where you've been aware of your own prejudice?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you have been overwhelmed and not coped well   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mencap in February 2016.

Interview

easy going very direct made to feel very comfortable. this was done with a panel of 2 interviews who where were brilliant and listened to what i had to say. one of the best interviews i have had . i had a one to one interview first then i had the easiest IQ test ever after that the interview was finished and they seemed impressed.

Interview Questions

• why choose this career and why now   1 Answer

Negotiation

very direct and easy going made to relax so everything went on smoothly

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (Peterborough, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two people. I was then offered a position by a phone call from my new manager and we agreed to meet for an informal conversation because I had further questions about the rota.

Interview Questions

• About Mencap values and how I meet them. The values are:
      We are Inclusive. People with a learning disability are at the heart of everything we do.
      We are Trustworthy. When we promise something, we don’t let people down.
      We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness.
      We are Challenging. When we see things that aren’t fair we will campaign until we see real change.
      We are Positive. We never stop believing in a better future and we celebrate what we are proud of now.   1 Answer

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mencap (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Nice and simple interview, manger and assistant kept me very at ease thought out the whole process. Had a 45 min interview, more based on experience, personality, and checking I am happy too and able to do the job asked.

Interview Questions

• Define what is meant by abuse to you? And how you'd deal with it if you seen this happening.   Answer Question
    • What are key factors and values you can bring to the work place and what you feel are important   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mencap (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief run threw of CV and role and position applied for. Was I happy with personal care and do I work as a team and on my own initiative and if I didn't mind working nights

Interview Questions

• How to use skills from previous role to role applied for   1 Answer

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online then got an email for an interview. Was then interviewed by the manager and assistant manager. Took roughly 40 minutes. Waited a couple of days and was then told I had the job if I wanted to. All training received on the job so no prior experience neccesairy

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mencap (York, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job and didn't hear back for many weeks so had assumed I hadn't secured an interview, however I was then contacted with an interview offer. I attended and was interviewed by a panel of two staff, who were both pretty friendly and seemed to want you to do well in the interview. It was a difficult interview for me as I had no prior experience with support work, however I put across how keen I was to get involved in this line of work and how I am a quick learner, and ended up securing a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Predominantly scenario questions, so read up on the expectations of the support worker role and plan what you would do in these situations.   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap in September 2017.

Interview

very simple asking a few competency based questions then asked what days I am available and where I would be coming from or too. More interested in if I had a car that had business insurance than my qualifications

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous care experience?
      Do you have your own vehicle?
      Do you have a full license?
      Do you have business insurance?
      When can you come and do a shadow shift?   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap (Ipswich, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was sent off into a room and asked to fill out these scenario questions that I didn't have a clue about as I'd never done support work before. Two women then came in and asked me a load of questions.

Interview Questions

• What does person centered mean to you?   1 Answer